Mom Tri's Villa Royale
  • Breakfast included
Kata Rocks(Kata Beach)
The SIS Kata(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)
Foto Hotel(Kata Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean wingbeach suitekata noisaltwater poolfresh orchidsandaman seaevery afternoonboutique hotelwine cellarprivate terraceturn down servicequiet beachthe main hoteltraditional thai styleour honeymoonfew stairslittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I cannot fault this place.
We stayed in an ocean wing suite overlooking kata Noi beach for 3 nights.
The rooms are big and comfortable with all that you could wish for and everything works, including the air con (which is easy to adjust). There is a balcony with spectacular views. The room was serviced twice a day and a small cullinary treat was delivered in the afternoons.
The staff are ALL happy, professional and eager to please.
Happy hour is on every day in both bars which also offer great views.
Breakfast is not just about the tasty and interesting buffet but is also a good place to sit and relax and enjoy the ambience.

Villa Royale is on the side of a hill, so be prepared to walk up and down some steps. At every turn you encounter yet another corner of the lovingly cared for gardens and ponds.

if you need a few days to unwind and relax then I cannot think of a better place. The shops are a 15 minute walk away as are the restaurants. Whatever you do, go to Mom Tri's restaurant at least once - the food and service is excellent, much better than anywhere else we went.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Mom Tri's at the end of our holiday and wished that we had more time. This was by far the best place we have stayed, and we have stayed in some other beautiful places. We stayed in a beach wing suite which was even better than the pictures show. The room, every detail of the thai décor, the to-die-for view, the welcoming staff and the fabulous food. The holiday was a 50th birthday celebration and there was a birthday cake in the room when we arrived which was unexpected and touching. We literally did not want to leave the hotel for a minute as it was so beautiful and we were made to feel so welcome. We had room service and dinner in the restaurant, and all of the food was gourmet and delicious. The staff were so welcoming they made us feel like family. And the saltwater pool overlooking the ocean was divine. There were so many details to discover. The waterlily pod with tiny green frogs. Butterflies throughout the gorgeous gardens. The art works. We had massages in the spa which was calming tranquil and beautiful. I can't recommend this place highly enough. Thank you Mom Tri's for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have never wrote a review before, but this one I need to, I am a very picky person on hotels and I have been to a lot luxury hotels in he world, but this one really fire me up and makes me would not want to leave, I m now sitting in the ocean view garden writing this. I chose the ocean view suit, it's larger bright room with amazing view, super king size bed with flowers spread the bed every nights, the service is great with smile on their faces every moments you passby them. Maybe the service is so good in ocean wing, makes me feel the service at breakfast restaurant is less charming, but nothing went wrong there. Ocean wing is separated from the main wing with 6 suits, which makes it very private and quite, we are now sitting in the pool whole day without seeing one guest. I m leaving tomorrow and I hope to come back very soon.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was looking for a boutique resort to relax for a few days....Mom Tri's was perfect. Location is stunning and listening to the waves from the room or anywhere around the hotel was fabulous. I liked the traditional style of the older rooms. Huge, private with everything you needed to relax. So many different places to sit and relax, you need to be prepared to walk up and down a few steps getting around. The staff in the restaurant were attentive and courteous. Travelling solo felt very comfortable here!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Mom Tri's was first rate in every way: The room (we had one of the lower priced Ocean View rooms) was great: big bed, huge sitting area, huge bathroom, great patio with a day bed and a wonderful ocean view; the Spa is excellent, the restaurant was great (get the Stir Fry Grouper from the Thai menu for sure) and the staff was as friendly as they could be. One note to show the level of service they gave us--checkout is 11:00 or so and we were not being picked up for our flight until 4:00. They needed our room but--without being asked--opened up another room for us to use until we left.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple