What a lovely room with a terrific balcony view of the sea. All was as pictured and our huge room in the Beach Wing was serene and very special with gorgeous Thai decor. We stayed 3 days to relax after our flight from Toronto and especially loved swimming in the picturesque salt water pool.
It was a short stone stairway down to Kata Beach which was still quite busy although we were told tourism in Phuket was down by 60%. We began to prefer the serenity of our stone patio with hilltop views where we relaxed on comfortable chaises under large red parasols.
Breakfast was taken in a gorgeous open room overlooking the sea and there was a great choice of eggs, ham, cheese, fruit and excellent breads and pastries. Hotel entrance is lovely with intermittent koi ponds punctuating the walkways and a little rill of water spilling down the grassy hill. Little frogs sit on lily pads in another pond and 2 more fresh-water pools are also on the property.
Since booking ahead was necessary for the spa, I walked 15 minutes down Kata Beach into the little village for a superb $10 Thai massage each day.
Lovely touches such as fresh orchids on the bed, dragon fruit and other exotic fruits in a large fruit bowl and jasmine and rose accented flower welcome rings all add to your stay. Free drinking water in the room is a bonus as well as an electric kettle and 2 cups. There is a large stone tub/ rain shower on the large balcony that also contains a huge day bed- perfect for a shady snooze.
A wonderful stay and I'd love to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach