We travel a lot and never return to the same place, however wonderful, because there are so many places to see. But we made an exception for Mom Tri's; we had stayed here when we had one baby and after securing some cheap flights to Phuket decided there was probably no better place even though we now have 2 children.
Stayed in a Beach Suite on upper level (room 14). We had an additional single bed for the kids age 7 and 4 to share, there is more than enough room for this. Fantastic ocean view with a lovely balcony with day bed, great for lounging and for us to sit outside in the evening and enjoy a drink while the kids were asleep. As others have commented, service was great. We started most mornings with a swim at the beach, then pool then breakfast. When we returned, our room had been fully serviced. Food consistently good and so beautiful to have breakfast overlooking (almost overhanging) the ocean.
The resort has been extended since our last stay, however it has been done maintaining the lovely open feel as if it is integrated into the landscape. Even when the resort is full there are so many different spots to relax it never feels crowded. We love the ocean side salt water pool in particular and enjoyed watching the crabs scramble around on the rocks.
Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff. Even though we arrived at 1.30am we were picked up from the airport, then on arrival at Mom Tri greeted with flowers, cool drink and towels. Then on being taken to the room they had laid out sandwiches and drinks
Great complementary afternoon tea and paper. We had a package direct from the hotel which included breakfast, airport transfers, two dinners and two Thai massage at the spa each. It was excellent value. The restaurant is lovely, we ate Thai mostly and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.
Lastly even though this would be an awesome romantic retreat, it was great for the kids and they are made to feel very welcome. They loved the choice of pools, the proximity to the beach and exploring the many 'secret paths' around the resort, plus feeding the carp in the pools at reception.
Although we aren't likely to return to Phuket, if we did we would stay here again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach