Mom Tri's Villa Royale
US$102
US$87
Novotel
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$63
Agoda.com
Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$87
  • Breakfast included
The Beach Boutique House(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$53
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$177
Agoda.com
Sugar Marina Resort - FASHION(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$48
  • Pool
PGS Hotels Casa Del Sol(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$42
  • Breakfast included
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$280
Centara Kata Resort Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Phuket Chaba Hotel(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$29
Agoda.com
All reviewsocean wingbeach suitekata noisaltwater poolfresh orchidsandaman seaevery afternoonboutique hotelwine cellarprivate terraceturn down servicequiet beachthe main hoteltraditional thai styleour honeymoonfew stairslittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2008

This was our third trip to Villa Royale so I guess you could say we love the place.

Because I love it so much I am going to be really critical. I truly believe this could be one of the best boutique hotels in the world

First the great

The location is wonderful – just a short walk to Kata and Kata Noi very quiet and peaceful.

The views over Kata Noi are sensational.

The rooms are beautiful and extremely spacious. The only thing is I think they need to upgrade the TV and sound system.

The food is very good and the staff at the restaurants are unbelievable.

Communications via email are extremely good. Most places in Thailand seem to take a couple of days to answer you Mom Tris responses are always prompt and contain all the relevant information.

Now the room for improvement

The egg chief in the morning does not really know what he is doing. Does a great omelets but the rest really needs improvement. Do not order the eggs Benedict. The hollandaise is more like curdled cheese.

The reception staff – just don’t seem to really care. They certainly don’t go out of their way to do things for you. They are not good with advice on places to see or restaurants to eat at. Just the type of thing you would expect from a 5 Star hotel.

Management – or lack of it. We have stayed 3 weeks over the last 12 months and have not met or seen a manager. I find this odd. At most small resorts the management are always visible.

As I said I was going to be tough. This is mainly directed at the hotel and hopefully they will act on it.

In conclusion this is still one of our favorite places and we will continue to return and I would highly recommend this resort. All of our friends loved it.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank AussieAnge
Reviewed 8 October 2008

This is a very very special hotel fully deserving of all of the many awards that it has won. The site is private and quiet (apart from the gentle sound of the waves on the shore below!!) and relatively close to shops, bars and restaurants - but be warned - you may not wish to leave Mom Tri's such is the experience!! There is a range of accommodation - we enjoyed a very nice room that overlooked the length of Kata Noi beach - there is a private walkway to that beach - less than 2 mins walk away. The room was spacious, clean and had all of the usual bits and pieces that you need. It had a semi-private balcony. The restaurant offering was outstanding and the overall ambience that has been created very very relaxing. A great wine list - the best we saw in Thailand (and we saw a few!!). Mom Tri's also boasts a Spa facility - it does not underdeliver - bliss. Two pools - one fresh - one sea water - both good.

Overall this is a very special hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TrenthamMike
Reviewed 27 September 2008

There have been some very excellent detailed reviews recently of this beautiful small hotel which I can only agree with totally.

This is a very sympathetic to the natural surroundings, beautifully designed hotel. Everything is very personal with the utmost gracious friendly service throughout. All billing, pickups and incidentals handled seamlessly.

I would be nit picking to mention my shower was incosistent temperature and could here some maintenance noice in the morning a couple of times because these things did not affect my opinion of the quality of this hotel.

Would recommend highly.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank badbirdy
Reviewed 17 September 2008

We went to mom's tri for our honeymoon -and it was an incredible stay. Don't worry about this hotel -it's the best! The biggest reason it so nice is that it's small, and that makes it so personel. The staff is very friendly, and you feel like you are visiting family. Best place to take your wife/husbond for honeymoon;) We will def be back

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nagpal
Reviewed 17 September 2008

We stayed at Mom Tri's Villa Royale for 14 nights and had a wonderful time. This was our 6th visit to Phuket, each time at different 5 star hotels. Mom Tri's Villa Royale is the only hotel I would return to.
The rooms were excellent, the views amazing. Huge comfortable beds, large indoor sofa and just as large daybed on the balcony.
I have read about the small TV'S (they are in the process of replacing), we never turned ours on. I think it worked.
My contact with the world was via free wireless internet all over the resort. It was great sitting on the balcony surfing the net, checking on work and answering emails with a cold beer (and afternoon tea supplied everyday). I did have to check all my emails when i arrived home. Did I really write that what was I thinking!!!
The swimming pools were small but perfect for a refreshing dip. The salt water pool was magnificent it was as if you were swimming in the sea. Yes the water was a little cloudy but it is sea water.
The location is perfect sitting above Kata Noi Beach. The beach is small and quite with very few people to hassle you. The ocean swell made it difficult to swim so we headed to the sister hotel The Boathouse a short walk (you can be transfered no charge) away and used the beach chairs and facilities. Surf was great and safe for swimming. Kata Beach is long and walking friendly, we did many laps walking the beach.
Kata beach is the best beach in Phuket. The others don't come close. It has everthing you need without moving from the area.
The food in the reasturant was the best I have eaten in Phuket. A little more expensive but you pay for the whole dinning experience. Very good value. Unfortunatly the wine is very expensive (400% tax on wine in Thailand) but the wine list is incredible. Somebody here knows there wine. My palate was withdrawing. I have since rectified the problem.
Do try the Spa, bliss.
This is truly a magnificent hotel with exceptionally friendly staff and a place for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple