My husband and I stayed at this hotel (Royale Wing Suite) for 5 nights. It is situated between two beaches, Kata and Kata Noi, and is away from the hustle and bustle of Patong (though there are plenty of restaurants, massage parlors and shops in the vicinity). Our room was spacious, with a big balcony and bathroom, and free Wi-fi access. Service is great and with a personal touch: flowers, chocolates, small dessert/appetizer of the day. The breakfast selection is more than adequate; freshly-squeezed juices are available upon request. We had a late night flight and were allowed to check-out at 6:00pm for free.
If you enjoy the action and nightlife of Patong, it is about 20 minutes away. You can get there by cab/tuk-tuk for approximately 400 THB but I would suggest renting a scooter (if you are not traveling with kids and are comfortable to ride it) for 200-300 THB/day. It's a fun ride and a great way to explore the neighborhood.
Cons: the hotel restaurant is more on the expensive side. I can't comment on the quality of the food since we dined out every night.
A word of advice: As you exit the hotel and turn right, there is a tour company/bike rental shop about 3 minutes away called @ Here Tours. Please be VERY careful if/when booking your tours there since we almost got conned. We used them to book a city tour with one of the big tour operators but @ Here Tours decided to cancel that tour on our behalf (without our knowledge) and took us on a 'similar' tour of their own, all the while pretending to be the 'big tour operator' (minus tour guide, insurance AND at full price etc. etc.). Thankfully, we figured that something was wrong and demanded a refund. Do your research before booking a tour and check online reviews: most prices online are about 50% cheaper than those on brochures at airports/tour agencies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach