Staying at Mom Tri's Villa Royale is a real treat. We stayed off season, the value was excellent. We spent 3 pampered nights in a beautiful beach suite on a cliff facing Kata Noi beach. The weather was not the best, of the time we spent there, it poured 2 days, however that didn't dampen the experience!
The hotel grounds are beautiful, very green, lush, with an amazing view of the sea from most areas.
Our first room was set back a bit, overlooking the pools with a view of the sea. On the balcony we felt as if we were surrounded by a jungle, with many vines, trees, flowers around us. As we like to sit on the balcony, we could only sit there a few minutes without the mosquitos, and a few other bugs coming our way. For our second night, we requested to move to a beach suite closer to the sea. That balcony was high up with a magnificent view of the sea and not as much foilage. We were then able to make use of the balcony for reading when the rain was falling, without being bitten by those pesky mozzies.
The room is a large suite decorated in a designer Thai style. The bed is huge, the sitting area has a wonderful lounging sofa, the tv is flat screened and large. The front desk has dvds to borrow. There is a desk to place your laptop for the free internet.
The bathroom is spacious and beautiful.
The staff is very accomodating and friendly. After our first morning at the delicious breakfast buffet, the waiters remembered our choice of freshly prepared juice, (mine is carrot/ginger), as well as how we like our coffee, and how much we like to drink. After the first morning, our waiter brought a pot of coffee to the table, we are huge coffee fans.
There are 3 pools, one of them a salt water pool, on the edge of the cliff. What a feeling to swim in that pool and gaze at the sea below.
On our third day, the rain stopped and we were able to climb down the steps to Kata Noi beach. There are loungers and umbrellas for the Villa Royale guests use. The sea was a bit choppy, we stuck our feet in, that was it. The beach is very quiet and peaceful.
We had drinks and lunch at the pool bar. The food is delicious, what a view and friendly service.
Happy hour is from 6-7, half price drinks in the classic bar, more great service. Our second night we decided to eat at the famous Mom Tri's Kitchen at the hotel. We chose a wonderful table near the sea, however the weather didn't cooperate and we were forced to eat inside with the windows closed to the monsoon! The service was outstanding, the food good, but for the price, we prefered Mom Tri's Oasis in town. (see separate review)
I will post photos that will give you an idea of the beauty of this small boutique hotel. It is an amazing property with excellent staff. I can highly recommend it as a romantic place for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mom Tri’s Villa Royale is a boutique hotel in Phuket situated on a headland overlooking the Andaman Sea and the white sand beach of Kata Noi.Villa Royale is a personal creation of renowned artist and architect Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul, better known simply as Mom Tri, who is a descendant of the King Mongkut Rama IV. Mom Tri opened his private summer home eight years ago to provide guests with a truly royal experience.Thirty-nine suites offer the highest standard of privacy and comfort in Phuket’s last hideaway. Alluring glimpses of its distinctive Thai-style buildings, authentic Thai antiques and art,luxurious modern comforts, panoramic sea views and lush tropical gardens create an atmosphere of calm and tranquillity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mom Tri's Villa Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mom Tri`s Villa Royale Hotel Kata Beach
- Mom Tris Hotel Royale
- Mom Tris Kata
- Mom Tri's Villa Royale Phuket/Kata Beach