“Not an Italian restaurant I would recommend”
Review of La Piazzetta - Antichi Sapori - CLOSED

La Piazzetta - Antichi Sapori
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
canberra
“Not an Italian restaurant I would recommend”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Like a lot of people I rely sometimes on Trip Advisor when i visit places I haven't been before. After reading some of the reviews and realizing this restaurant wasn't far from us i gave it a go.

Wrong decision, we arrived around 8PM and there was no one in the restaurant!!! Not a good sign. The owner was watching TV and I had to ask the waiter to tun it down so we could talk to each other!

The four of us all order pizza and some garlic bread to start with. When i bit into the garlic bread with the token garlic oil onto top it nearly broke my tooth it was that hard. really terrible garlic bread. not a good start.

The pizza I had was thin based with some nice fillings on it but very bland and I had to have one of my friends piece of their pizza with anchovies to get some taste in my mouth.

I really cannot believe that some of the 10 reviews I read for this restaurant are genuine because there are much better italian restaurants around the area that are way better than this one. I recommend you try the other Italian restaurants if you enjoy your italian food.

• Visited March 2014

Cagliari, Italy
“BEST RESTAURANT IN KATA”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A must go restaurant in Kata! Real excellent italian food. Real pizza, real pasta, everything you deserve to eat in your holiday in Thailand. I have been there thanks to tripadvisor and since than my dinner had become a fix appointment to meet Ivana e Sauro in their restaurant. I also had the opportunity to meet other pleasant guys from Italy and have nice talks about our trip around Thailand. Nice job guys. Real ITALIAN JOB. I really felt to eat in Italy.

Simply don't miss this little jewel in Kata.

Ottimo rsitorante Italiano a Kata. Da non perdere. Diventerà il vostro appuntamento fisso per chiudere in bellezza le vostre giornate.

• Visited February 2014
Malmö, Skåne Län, Sweden
“Real Italian ingredients, real Italian chefs, real Italian restaurant!”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Sometimes it gets old eating Thai food and you want to try something different, like Italian. But its hard to find a real Italian restaurant, run by Italians, who use real Italian ingredients and brings the "old country" Italian ambiance to you, then we stumbled upon La Piazzetta.

I ordered the Carbonara, which is usually drowned in cream sauce in Thailand, but not at this restaurant. No cream what so ever, it was cooked the way it should be, olive oil, onions, and real, tasty italian bacon mixed in a plate of al dente spaghetti. The Pizza had real tomato sauce with Italian salami, none of that fake tomato paste and finally, the Tiramisu was heavenly, thick and creamy made from real mascarpone. Getting my point? It's all real and it all tastes great! If you ever get a chance, go to this restaurant and enjoy a piece of Italy, in Kata!

• Visited December 2013