Stayed in the Sawasdee Village in a poolside room after spending time in Bangkok and northern Thailand. Even though we arrived quite late in the evening, we were greated immediately shown to our rooms, given a brief overview of the hotel and ammenities. Rooms are not very large, but are very clean and include all the little extras you could want such as robes, slippers, mosquito spray, bath amenities, etc. Bathrooms were slightly dark, but had slat wood floor with rain shower and a bench/ledge which was helpful and appreciated. Large screen TV doubles as computer which was great for checking flights and weather and catching up on email. The hotel staff is exceptional and were everywhere cleaning and ensuring a positive experience for all guests.
Our stay included breakfast which we found delightful both for the atmostphere and the food. The restaurant is a short walk through a rainforest like path - so beautiful and lovely surprises like bird cage type swinging benches, ponds with fish, etc. Over three days I think I saw something new each time I wallked to the restaurant.
Pool was amazing -perfect temps, lots of alcoves and water features. Swim up bar was nice, however it didn't appear that drinks or food were being made there so took a little while for tender to disappear and reappear later with orders - no worries though as I was completely entertained.
A shuttle runs to the beach from the hotel and you must schedule your return in advance, however we found the walk to be very short and easy and never even bothered with the shuttles. The beach was nice to look at and visit, but we found ourselves just wanting to get back to our little oasis at the hotel.
Would highly recommend this hotel for couples, solo travelers or friends to 'get away from it all'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach