This is a lovely hotel with a completely different feel to a western-style chain hotel. After seeing some negative reviews suggesting that high ratings for Sawasdee were a result of people staying in the Baray Villas, rather than the Village, I was a little apprehensive before arriving. But I'm happy to say that Sawasdee Village did not disappoint. I'll try to address some of the most common complaints in this review.
We stayed in a garden room, which was of average size with a HUGE bed. Yes, it was not in brand new condition but it was clean and more than adequate for our 8 night stay. The shower was brilliant with great water pressure and toiletries provided. We had a little porch out front with a table and cushioned benches which was nice, but a bit prone to mozzies. What can you expect in a tropical setting though? The rooms get sprayed every night, beds have mosquito nets and insect repellent and balm is provided.
The breakfast buffet was plentiful and varied. Omelettes, pancakes, eggs made to order. Cereals, breads, pastries, fruits, meats, cheeses and several Thai dishes which changed daily.
The pool was gorgeous and there were always sun loungers available. It might not be the biggest pool around but it was plenty big enough for the number of guests in it at any one time. On leaving the hotel, you are within easy walking distance of the beach and local shops and restaurants.
Overall, we loved our stay at Sawasdee Village and would be more than happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach