I had done loads of research prior to selecting to stay at Sawasdee Village and let me save you the time.. book here. We are checking out from a gorgeous villa tomorrow morning and we have had a fabulous stay. Reality is much better than any of the pictures shown ... it's an amazing property with the service to match. Every detail has been thought out by the staff to ensure you have a great stay. They even provide complementary mosquito repellent (2 different types) ... if you're coming here you shouldn't be surprised there's mosquitos in Thailand.
Next door is a small massage parlour that has the best rates for laundry we've seen and great service.. all of our items were well cleaned, dried, folded and packaged for pickup for their next day service - no issues at all. There is a sweet bar right at the corner that has an amazing beer selection for this area of Thailand (Erdinger plus a few other European beers). We really enjoyed the breakfast as the buffet is large and delicious. It is a nice 10 min walk to the beach but quite central to the 2 main areas of Kata Beach.. which is why we chose this location. They also have regular shuttles to the beach if you don't want to walk. A taxi to Kata beach is 900 Baht ..regardless of how much you barter with the taxis and private cars and about 400 baht tuk tuk ride to Patong Beach.
and a heads up that if you do book a day tour with any of the tour companies .. make sure you bargain.. we had paid the price listed on the brochure and then found that many people paid half. We brought that up during our excursion and since we only paid a deposit we got a discount on the remaining balance.
The resort is amazing and they even offered us a doggy bag for breakfast as we are leaving tomorrow morning at 4am. Will be staying here again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach