“Beautiful hotel!”
Review of Sawasdee Village

Sawasdee Village
Ranked #12 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was very surprised with the beauty of the hotel.
It is located very close to the beach (10 min walk) and has a great spa (better thai massage ever!).
I would definitely recommend it!
The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Orapin Weeracha... ., Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Value guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on TripAdvisor. we are very pleased to have you with us and that would be very great to hear that you have a wonderful time with us.
We are looking forward to warm welcome you back in the near future.

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I wanted a hotel that I could just stay in and chill if I wanted to spend a day or two relaxing.
Sawasdee village provides just that. A cocoon in a busy touristy location with beautiful garden and decor.
Staff are lovely and the accommodating. Location is great for solo travellers.
My only slight disappointment is breakfast.
I very much enjoyed my stay there.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Value guest

We are very much apprecited for your review on TripAdvisor. Regarding to your recent stay with us that would be great to hear that you have a wonderful time with us. According to your comment about our Breakfast that we will improve our breakfast selection as per your mention and hope that you will see for your next stay.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here for my first two nights in the country I just needed to unwind. The grounds are beautiful, I was very impressed by them. My room was nicely decorated. Service was great, turndown in the evening to put the mosquito net down. Complimentary mosquito spray as well which I had forgot. Staff were helpful, they proved a nice meal suggestion, and rang the airlines to finds out if my luggage which missed the connection had made it and when it would be delivered. If you want to escape for a few days or even longer I would recommend Sawasdee Village.

Room Tip: Unless you absolutely need a room that walks out to the pool I think the garden rooms are very nice...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Orapin Weeracha... ., Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on TripAdvisor. We are very much appreciated to hear that you had a great time with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back with longer stay for your next holiday !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Wonderful place, very well decorated, with plenty of Thai elements. It's extremely quiet, the rooms are lovely, the pool is very nice. The spa is certainly worth a visit, as well as the restaurant. You get a discount at the spa and the restaurant if you are a hotel guest.
Staff is very nice, very helpful and everything is well organised. I'm glad I spent a total of 3 nights there, before and after a liveaboard in the Similan Islands. I will certainly go back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very much appreciated to hear that you have a nice time with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon !

Sawasdee Village & The Baray Villa Team !

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I decided to stay there because of the positive reviews I read on Tripadvisor. I have to say, my stay was worth every penny. The staff is always smiling and all they care about is to make your experience the best possible.

The room is a little bit small but very clean and restful. The pool is well maintened and refreshing. I loved the fact that there were so little costumers during my stay. It kept the place quiet. This place is more suitable for couple than family or lone traveler like myself but well, the staff do provide great service nonetheless.

Thank you to all the staff of the Sawasdee Village for helping me having the best experience possible during my stay in Phuket.

Room Tip: Don't use their laundry service, overpriced. Beside, you have to try the pool bar, a bit expensi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Value Guest

We are very impressed that our service met your satisfaction and we were very pleased to serve you our service. Moreover, We are very thankful for your comment on TripAdvisor and looking forward to welcome you back for your next trip in Phuket.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Have just returned from Phuket. Had a very enjoyable 2 night stay at Sawasdee Village.
An oasis in the middle of Kata, amazingly quiet and restful! Beautiful grounds.
Fabulous food, great staff. Lovely pool. Rooms a little small but cute and well maintained.
Were given a really, really late check out without extra charges as our flight out was at 11pm.
Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: On arrival, ask about upgrading to a bigger room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Orapin Weeracha... ., Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Sawasdee has so many good reviews that I wasn't going to leave another one. We stayed in one of the "low end" (but amazing) rooms for two nights, and had a great time. However, what happened on our last day changed that. Check out was at noon and flight out of Phuket was at midnight. Sawasdee held on to our stuff all day while we spent more time at the beaches and touring the island. When we returned to the hotel in the evening, we were hoping to borrow a towel and rinse off in the pool shower before heading to the airport. The staff wouldn't let us do it. Instead, they checked us into a (very) nice hotel room across the street (I guess they own that hotel too?) so we could take a real shower and get changed. Totally unexpected. That's shockingly good service for low rollers like us. Would definitely stay here again if coming back to Phuket.

Room Tip: Even the regular rooms are awesome. Small, but very very beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank cparobek
Orapin Weeracha... ., Manager at Sawasdee Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kata Beach
#6 of 55 in Kata Beach
Beyond Resort Kata
Beyond Resort Kata
#25 of 55 in Kata Beach

Been to Sawasdee Village? Share your experiences!