My family and I stayed at the Sawasdee Village last March and found it to be a beautiful, unique hotel. The property and grounds truly provide a calming osais from bustling Phuket. The staff, restaurant and spa are all great. The rooms are small but clean and nice. There are a ton of bugs (which is not the hotel's fault) so be sure to bring your bug spray. The location is the only thing that is just "okay". The hotel sits on a side street and isn't very close to anything in particular. It's a decent walk or tuk tuk ride to the restaurants in Kata or Karon Beach. Also, the main issue we had is that the Club Med take up the ENTIRE Kata Beach with a huge concrete wall blocking everything else from beach access. That said, you have to walk around it to get to the beach. As a result we didn't really feel like we were at a beach destination staying at Sawasdee Village. I would highly recommend it for the price and uniqueness - however I"m not sure we'll return as Phuket wasn't our favorite place in Thailand. We will go back to Koh Samui or try Krabi and Koh Chang on our next trip. Still - if you want to go to Phuket and need an affordable, nice option I'd recommend Sawasdee Village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Art Resort in Phuket, Thailand… a Treasury of Exotic Thai Art & Culture… with the Senses of Peace and Healing. Art of Life… To fulfill the senses of living with 2 types of our accommodations; 40 Garden Deluxe rooms for easy and convenient lifestyle while The Baray Villa, the 1st Triple Pool Access Villa in Phuket, Thailand with all 14 Luxury Villas has the spacious space with luxurious design and the exclusive services of your personal assistant staff to customized all desires.We assured to heal your holidays in the peace of life with our Thai hospitality service. The awards from Tourism Authority of Thailand and TripAdvisor can guarantee your total experiences at our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sawasdee Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawasdee Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Sawasdee Village Kata
- Sawasdee Village Phuket/Kata Beach