This is probably the best stretch of beach (absolutely gorgeous), hotel overall value you can get in Phuket, it's about an hour away from the airport. The hotel has three large complexes. I stayed in the traditional Thai Deluxe room, larger than the average room. They have several pools and manicurists/pedicurists/massage therapists on grounds by the pools just waiting to see if you need help. Felt very safe here and away from the city center. All excursions can be made thru the hotel...elephant trek, island tours by speedboat, etc and can all be charged to your room. There is an ATM outside the hotel, close to the hotel and they have a hotel security guard there making sure it is safe. They have free scuba lessons in one of the pools. Make sure you have enough cash before your trip (get the Thai Baht converted at your bank if you can before you leave and take inside wallet) for tips, in general you can charge your room for everything and use cash outside the hotel to avoid credit fraud. The service here is excellent, above and beyond my expectations, however a couple downsides, not completely omantic b/c so many kids, but there is an adult pool and it is nice to see families having a good time, spa service was just okay, had the best spa treatment at Banyan Tree in Bangkok & Tubkaak resort in Krabi. They cater to families, so the buffet breakfast although not horrible is not that great, Asian selection of food is very greasy, food is extremely sugary, the quality of food is one step below a Denny's, their Thai restaurant was terrible, esp. the traditional soup tasted bland with no flavor, you cannot get an espresso coffee drink till 10 a.m., the machine is there but apparently no-one can get one till 10 am. Only one decent restaurant there, Scala, that's it. If you want good food go to the cliffs on the right and go to Mom Tri's Villa's - they have excellent food, a little pricey though. Keep in mind they are trying to save water and there is no water pressure in the shower, so it takes you about 20-30 minutes to rinse the shampoo out your hair if you have long hair, and the water either goes extremely cold or hot, maybe they can fix their water heater. Can't complain about water pressure b/c they are in a water crisis and they need to conserve it. Other than that this hotel is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach