We have just returned from 9 days at the katathani.
The hotel is lovely and is situated right on Kata Noi Beach which was beautiful, the beach was clean & uncrowded and was good for swimming,also lots of little beach shacks which were handy for lunch and drinks, and cheaper than the hotel !
We stayed in a Grand Suite in the Pacific wing on the second floor and felt it was a bit tired and dated, although it was clean, there was a musty smell in the room throughout our stay, an oil burner had been lit in the room when we arrived,which was probably to mask the smell! so we did not really notice it untill the next day.
Pool towels are provided daily to you room and also 2 free bottles of water a day.
The gardens of the hotel are lovely and very well kept, the massage ladies go around offering a choice of different massages which you can have without getting off your sunbed!
very relaxing and not expensive.
The pool area(Andaman Pool) is spacious with plenty of sunbeds, on our last few days, we did notice a lot of beds reserved with towels on them before breakfast, with no one turning up until lunchtime!
The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of choice (Hot & Cold)
The only other on-site restaurant we ate in, was the Fisherman's Wharf, the quality of the food was good,and it was always busy, although it's more expensive than eating outside the hotel.
The hotel runs a mini bus service daily to Patong,departing from the hotel at 8.30pm( approx 30 min drive) and departing
from Patong at 11.00pm which only gives 2 hours to look around , but to be honest this was enough for us! cound'nt wait to get back to the lovely peaceful Katathani!
Overall we had a lovely holiday in Phuket and would consider staying here again as we loved the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach