We had an eight night stay at the Kata Thani, located in a ground floor junior suite in the Thani Wing, overlooking the ‘Peace Pool’ (adults only quiet pool which was bliss) – perfectly located for us. The hotel is very large but it doesn’t feel as though it is, although it is a little impersonal. Our room was spacious, very clean with a huge bed that was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. Towels were changed very regularly.
The massage ladies who circulate in the grounds do a great job, they are very professional in their pedicures etc and well worth the charges which are very cheap (compared to UK). However, massage on the beach is expert and even cheaper but you don’t get the frills – but who cares when the background sound is the ocean?
Breakfast at the hotel is superb – the fresh fruit is amazing. We ended up having a three course breakfast – fruit followed by fried egg or omelette and toast and then lovely fresh croissants. I just loved the fruit in particular – pomelo, guava, watermelon, dragon fruit, and the lovely small sweet bananas.
We ate at Fishermans Wharf on our first night but found the service a little too obtrusive and the food unexceptional. Lunch at the hotel was fine – one club sandwich between the two of us worked well. And the lovely non alcoholic drinks served in a fresh young coconut were blissful. There are a couple of small beach cafes which offer basic sandwiches too.
In the evenings we ate outside the hotel, finding the thai Restaurant called ‘Ta’ up a little side street to serve good fresh food – it was always busy and we found the staff very helpful if you wanted your food a bit less spicy.
It is about a 15 minute walk into Kata with its hustle and bustle, we only went once during the day when the weather was a bit dull and cloudy and took a taxi in one evening (this should cost 200 baht), had a good meal and walked back.
The beach is gorgeous fine sand but the sea was quite rough with an undertow during our stay, but it was lovely and warm.
Overall we had a very relaxing stay at the Katathani.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach