We stayed at the resort for five days in July 2014 after earlier holidaying in Singapore.
We thought the people were lovely and that they went out of their way for you. Drinks and massages were cheap to enjoy poolside and the pool surrounds were well laid out and clean.
The surf was very rough so the pool was the place to swim.
Our room was an ocean front suite. We would recommend upgrading to a grand suite in the same ocean front wing. Our initial room was so close to the ocean and the waves crashed against the break wall metres from the room, so upgrading to a room on level 2 or 3 achieved two things - a better room and some peace of mind. Food was good with lots of options. We liked the breakfasts but mainly explored Phuket town and Kata for lunch and dinners. Our standout local meal was at Raya in Phuket town which I would rate as the best Thai food we have ever had. Because we are there on day 1 of our break, the later meals were harshly being compared to the best meal possible.
The local tailor Amorn was a good option and there were family oriented massage shops across the road to the hotel.
We were warned to take things we needed as there were no shops nearby, but this isn't right - each of the resort and a mini mart across the road can be used to get holiday essentials.
There was renovation underway so no doubt you may want to ask for a room away from works.
We can recommend Emotion Travel in Phuket to source transfers, accommodation, internal flights, island trips and holiday packages. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were in personal touch during our stay to make sure all was well. As they have a local office and Thai staff, they translated for us on a few occasions to help us achieve what we needed.
All the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach