We visited the Katathani Hotel in August 2009 and had a perfect and faultless holiday, We noticed a few people comment that the Katathani was a little out the way, well, we just loved this aspect. Going out to town at night, mixing in the bars and the colourful night scene to return to the peaceful hotel, the road is a dead end, so hey, no passing noisy traffic, taxis or drunks near the hotel. The trip back from Patong, that is 20 minutes, cost a mere £8. The hotel complex is so large you can stroll around at night upon your return and enjoy a peaceful safe walk along the Katathani Hotel beach, stunning. Regarding the staff at Katathani, after travelling extensively around the world, I have to say, the service from them was the best we have EVER experienced, nothing was too much trouble. This goes for all the staff, from the pool staff, security, house keeping and restaurants. Always a hello, always a smile. The varied choice of restaurants they offer is truly great, our favourite was the Fisherman's Wharf, stunning food, great band each night and first rate staff, consistence is everything. Make sure you treat yourself to a massage by the pool, Naowarat gives the best foot massage in Thailand. If you see her, tell her Martin and Jessie say hello, remember a tip goes a long way. The hotel has 5 swimming pools. all right next to the ocean, all in great as new condition, all with staff and bars, always space and the beach was literally a few steps away. The spa at the hotel is first rate too, great value for money and the couples massage is a dream and leaves you feeling totally relaxed, uplifted and ready for a cocktail, of which they have a huge choice and not at hotel prices too, £4 each. 5 minutes walk from the hotel is Mom Tri's restaurant, this restaurant is again first rate with a wonderful ocean view and with an amazing menu and staff to go with it. Be prepared to pay around £100 €120 $160 per couple. John Grays is by far the best trip out of all the Phuket trips and we went on a few, they won hands down in all areas, the saying 'you get what you pay for' is so true in this case. go for it, you only need to do it once. Buy the trip from the street vendors, however you may need to ask for John Grays as the sellers do not push John Grays. I understood they prefer to try and get you to go on one of the cheaper trips as they earn more from them. Don't be fooled when they say they are as good. we did not try all of them to be fair but John Grays beat all the others we did try. Great food, great staff and a very dramatic and memorable trip, caves, lagoons and informative staff, ask for Sonny, he was a true genius and very funny, just what you need on a trip like this, again tell him Martin and Jessica said hello. We will be going back definitely to the Katathani to say hi to all the wonderful staff and have another fabulous trip.
Martin and Jessica. United Kingdom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach