Overall, recommend the Khatatani. The beach setting and pools are excellent, and the breakfast provided also had a good selection. Service provided at the resort is very good. We stayed here with family of 5 (2 rooms) during the off season, so often had much of the place to ourselves.
On the downsides, the facilities are beginning to show their age (rooms are a bit dated). Showers are not pressure balanced between the hot and cold side, so expect some surprises when taking a shower (easily addressed, but it hasn't been). Also, the facilities are at least 1.5 km from the downtown area of Phuket (restaurants, bars, etc.), which makes it a quiet location, but a decent walk (up and down a large hill) if you want to eat or drink outside of the resort. I would NOT recommend this hotel if you or a family member are physically challenged or want ready access to downtown restaurants or bars (unless you don't mind taking a taxi each and every time).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach