I just got back from my holiday in Thailand and feel compelled to warn other travelers.
The good points:
Kata Noi is a beautiful quiet beach, cleaner than the main beach.
The hotel pools are beautiful, especially the beach front ones.
The little shopping strip is quiet but has 3 or 4 cafes,a couple of mini marts and a couple
of shops for clothing, thongs ect.. It's a very relaxing location.
The not so good.
It seems this is actually 2 hotels in one. We booked a superior room through the internet.The hotel was listed as a 5 star hotel. Our room was actually in the Bhuri wing. This part of the hotel has a different lobby (more like 3 Star). The receptionist was having a bad day and all the other reception staff were running around trying to appease her. We were assigned a room next to the lobby which had a really bad damp smell. We asked to be moved and were very politely (by a different girl) moved to an upstairs room without damp smell. The room however was small, dark, old, tired and very basic. No bathtub, no clock radio, no bottle opener, no ironing board. The soap scum in the shower was quite thick . Yuk. This was definitely not 5 star. The breakfast is also served in the 3 star part of the hotel and although satisfactory, again is 3 star standard not 5 star. We asked if we could cancel but were informed that we would still have to pay for the full period. That was very disappointing. Although the rate we got (3990Baht/AUD$140 per night) was heavily discounted it was still rather high for the room quality. We got far better rooms at half the price in other Kata hotels. The internet, food and beverage and services are all charged at 5 star rates but you are actually staying in a 3 star hotel. As other travelers have commented, it does seem to be profit driven rather than customer satisfaction . I suspect the good reviews about this hotel are from people who stayed in the 5 star part of the hotel. If you book this hotel, do clarify with the hotel prior to your arrival which part of the hotel you are staying in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting along 850 meters of unspoiled white sandy beach, embraced by lush green hills and sparkling blue ocean, Katathani Phuket Beach Resort recalls a tropical dream. Warm sands, the soft rhythm of lapping waves, and gently swaying coconut palms relax your senses—while our six swimming pools, six restaurants, and full-service spa delight them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Katathani Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Katathani Phuket Beach Hotel Kata Beach
- Katathani Phuket Beach Kata
- Katathani Beach Resort
- Katathani Phuket Beach Resort Kata Beach