My family and I won a 2 night stay at the Aspasia and decided to book an additional 2 nights and make a small holiday out of it. We booked a 1 bedroom grand deluxe suite. The room was huge and well appointed. It was a pleasure having the space - especially since we have a 2 year old - and the fittings all seemed relatively new. The view from our balcony (and in fact all over the hotel) is spectacular! The cleaning service staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is okay and the food tasty enough. The staff however, have limited English speaking skills which is very frustrating - especially since 80% of the guests staying at the same time as us, were foreigners! The pool area is pleasant enough. What is incredibly disappointing, is that this place has direct access to the beach. However, the access path is so damaged, run down, dangerous and filthy, that it's almost impossible to use - especially with children! The alternative is to climb a "mount Everest" type hill to get to and from the beach! Unpleasant after a long day on the beach - again, especially with children! We were told that if the hotel doesn't "own it" (as in the access path to the beach), then they won't touch it. What a ridiculous thought process!
That all said, the WORST part of this hotel/apartment living, is the management staff! They are lazy, rude, incompetent and unprofessional! They forgot to organise our airport pickup, when we finally made our own way there, they forgot to arrange our early check-in. An hour and a half later, when we did get to check-in, they forgot to organise a cot for our 2 year old! It took them 3 hours to move the TV from the bedroom to the lounge and provide one extra sheet! They messed up our spa booking by 3 hours and after booking a babysitter so that we could finally use our free spa voucher a day later, they called on the bedroom phone to let us know the sitter was there - literally outside our door - and woke our child minutes before we were supposed to leave. When we asked why they hadn't just knocked, their reply was the standard reply for Thai's - aaahh, sorry!
Would I recommend this hotel to friends or family or even return myself - Absolutely not! There are far better places to stay in Thailand that this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently created in the south of the island of Phuket, The Aspasia is a stylish boutique resort reflecting an unusual retro-deco design with hints of Mayan style architecture. The muted yellow and green hues of the buildings blend exotically with the colours of the lush forest that sweeps down to Kata Beach. Each secluded apartment has stunning sea views, and guests only have a two minute walk to the white, sandy beach below.With the accent firmly lying on tranquility, comfort and contemporary style, The Aspasia Phuket offers a choice of superior accommodation and facilities that includes restaurant, a wine and cigar shop, two swimming pools, a gymnasium, business centre, meeting room, high-speed wireless Internet access and spa. Original paintings and antiques are displayed in the spa, restaurant and lobby, complementing the style of decor. There is easy access between the twelve buildings and facilities forming the resort. The property is set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens, filled with colourful tropical planting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Aspasia Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Aspasia Phuket Kata
- Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata
- The Aspasia Phuket Kata Beach