We stayed here for 5 nights in Apr 12. Part of me did book this hotel because it was near the tsunami evacuation point although we had left Phuket before the recent scare. I loved this hotel. When we arrived we were met by friendly polite staff who upgraded our room and gave us a voucher for a free dinner - not sure what we did to deserve it! The room we got was a suite, with kitchen and lounge, jacuzzi bath and massive shower with views over Kata beach where the longtail boats are moored. The room was not perfect in that the mosaic tiles were lifting off the floor of the jacuzzi, the aircon was noisier than most, and the lounge had a very large adjoining door to the next door room which was not sound proof but these things didnt bother us at all. Minor work was being done to the rooftops immediately in front of our balcony which meant your view was interrupted by some concrete bags and some workmen but they were very quiet and as we werent in the room during the day they caused no bother at all. Breakfasts were very good - all possible food options covered. The pool was gorgeous and peaceful with great views and lots of lovely bougainvillea. There are not a lot of sunbeds but as the hotel wasnt busy this didnt matter. We only ate in the hotel for evening meal once to use our voucher as we preferred to explore local restaurants. The food was good but portions were not big. As said at the start, I liked the fact that this hotel was up a hill, I enjoyed the walk which was not far and the exercise was welcome. It is a quite area, away from the chaos of the town and road noise. Listening to the bullfrogs in the evening from the balcony was a highlight! You can take the road if you dont like the more direct route down the steps to the beach front. We did both. The steps/path are snake territory in my view and there were some stray dogs on it. It leads down to a fairly stinky tidal klong where local boats are moored before the beach which will not be everybody's cup of tea and for that reason I wouldn't necessarily recommend the steps. Taking the road will be fine for most - it is steep so if you have mobility issues stay somewhere else. One genuine negative was that we had the previous occupants room service plates on our doorstep for 24 hours before being removed, and only after I moved them into the middle of the corridor! Reception staff stepped around them! Overall this was a good hotel at a good price. It was not perfect but I felt we got a lot for our money anyway. I would recommend it and I would defintely stay again. Thanks for a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently created in the south of the island of Phuket, The Aspasia is a stylish boutique resort reflecting an unusual retro-deco design with hints of Mayan style architecture. The muted yellow and green hues of the buildings blend exotically with the colours of the lush forest that sweeps down to Kata Beach. Each secluded apartment has stunning sea views, and guests only have a two minute walk to the white, sandy beach below.With the accent firmly lying on tranquility, comfort and contemporary style, The Aspasia Phuket offers a choice of superior accommodation and facilities that includes restaurant, a wine and cigar shop, two swimming pools, a gymnasium, business centre, meeting room, high-speed wireless Internet access and spa. Original paintings and antiques are displayed in the spa, restaurant and lobby, complementing the style of decor. There is easy access between the twelve buildings and facilities forming the resort. The property is set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens, filled with colourful tropical planting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Aspasia Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Aspasia Phuket Kata
- Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata
- The Aspasia Phuket Kata Beach