“Great hotel for family”
Review of The Aspasia Phuket

The Aspasia Phuket
Ranked #39 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We are a family of 5 from CT ,USA. We loved this hotel. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and it was enormous . The room service and hotel service of sending up bottled water was a great bonus. Some reviews complained of the steep hill , however we didn't mind because this hill gave is such a magnificent view. The walk to the beach was a bit steep but my kids loved walking the path through the "jungle" . They also loved the evening sounds of frogs, crickets, roosters and even a nearby elephant. When inside the hotel room , it was perfectly silent. The staff did have limited English at times but there was a wonderful Swiss girl that worked the front desk that was always willing to help us. What a great week at the Aspasia!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Francie12304
There are newer reviews for The Aspasia Phuket

Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

This resort is located at hill top be prepare to walk up and down the steep slope which is a fond memory for us. This slope will lead to the beach and shops where you can have some nice seafoods. It's a great vacation for us and will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Geeseng
Reviewed 7 July 2013

amazing views, very close to the beach, the walk is uphill (unless in a car) and is tiring. the food is amazing, so is the pool (look out for the fun-loving frogs!). the bathroom doesnt have a door (is exposed)....be careful!! the staff is helpful and the room service is......yummm

Room Tip: Rooms, further away have a good view, try to get one above the pool, the view is .....WOW
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirt P
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Upon arrival in Aspasia it seemed fine, greeted with an excellent view and friednly staff. I enquired about WiFi and was told it was only available in the hotel lobby, I explained I really needed it to do work remotely whilst on holiday, they promised to install it......I was fairly convinced it would never materialise but true enough, within a few hours a technician knocked on the door - he had installed WiFi in our corridor and sure enough it worked, so, impressed with the service. The surprises continued when we dined in the hotel: the red snapper panang I ate at Aspasia is one of the tastiest things I had in my entire holiday. The breakfast is superb, and whilst I was trying to avoid any western food for the duration of my holiday, the eggs benedict for breakfast was incredible!
The view from the hillside location is great but this inevitably means a walk to the beach (5-10 minutes "offroad"). This wasnt a problem for us, I really didnt mind, but I am sure some guests would not like this detail. To be fair to the hotel, they do not hide this fact and if you do your research about where you're staying you have no cause for complaint about this fact.
Our room was massive, I'd estimate approx 60 square metres, which is excellent value for the price we paid.
So from initial impressions of being just ok I left feeling that it was great, lots of pleasant surprises.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tm2982000
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Every year we stay on Phuket for a relaxing break of about 4 weeks, we choose a different hotel and location, but I think The Aspasia has taken our hearts!
We loved the location, not too far from the hustle and bustle of Kata and the beach, but oh so quiet. We had a large suite overlooking the sea in the distance where we sat in the morning drinking tea and reading the newspapers online, listening to the birds not the traffic, bliss.
The reception staff were always happy and greeted us every morning on our way to breakfast with much enthusiasm. As with anything in Thailand it's best to double check your requests have been met, we ordered a taxi for the airport 2 days before departure, when we checked the day before leaving no one knew about it. So always make sure or book one yourself!
Breakfast was good, the Thai chef cooks to order, again double check with her what you've ordered and be prepared its not always correct, persevere and you will get your choice. Hot tea very weak, but just ask and they will put extra tea in the pot.
Our suite was so huge we lost each other on occasion. Massive double bed which was really comfortable, air con that worked and wasn't noisy, rain shower and jacuzzi. I agree with others about the partitioning doors, we could hear the guests next door loud and clear!! So I'm sure they could hear us!
Yes Aspasia I can honestly say we'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank m001
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Aspasia for three weeks. Long, but we didn't want to move around and wanted one resort-like hotel in a nice location. The Aspasia is actually in a great location, although you have to really search for good rates and common sense dictates that you book well enough in advance to guarantee room and rates.

The resort has a pathway to Kata Beach, which is great - depending on the tide. At high tide, you need to go to the beach via the road because the pathway actually leads to a tiny inlet where fishing boats dock (in a 3rd world way). It's not that much longer. I wouldn't wade through that water to get to the beach, but have no problem walking over it at low tide. Either way, it's a quick trip to the beach, which is stunningly beautiful. When you get to the beach, look back at the hotel to realize how great your choice was!

The resort itself has a really tropical and secluded feel, which I appreciate with thousands of other tourists out and about and hundreds of bungalows, motels, hotels or what-have-you that are more for quicker/cheaper stays. While we're not rich, I was able to find rates within our budget, which included breakfast. You can see the resort from as far away as Kata Viewpoint...the resort seems to blend into the surrounding jungle area, but is still quite recognizable.

Breakfast was great! When its included into hotel rates, you really cannot complain about a buffet style breakfast that had plenty of fruits, sandwich items, breads, pastries, cereals, juices, and two fantastic ladies who cook egg dishes from a nice menu. I think the bacon and stuff was pre-cooked or at least was ready before we came down as they had to reheat in the microwave, but like I said... I had no reason to complain. The staff was friendly and brought you coffee, tea or your eggs when they were done and the food was quite enjoyable. What more could you ask for?!

The main pool area and gym were fantastic, with gorgeous architecture and beautiful scenery. Happy hour by the top or bottom pools were great relaxation times.

Each area seems to have its own balcony on top of the building. Ours included a miniature pool/spa that wasn't operational, but we still enjoyed the view and sun from up top of our room. Our balcony also had a fantastic view.

The staff was very nice, polite and ensured we were taken care of if we needed something. Language was a little difficult at times, but that's because I don't speak Thai... ;-)

If I had any complaints (with solutions of course), it would be to add dead bolts to the front door and a sliding door lock to the balcony door. Also, add that rubber insulation to the edges of the front door to save on A/C costs and to cool the room down better. Otherwise, nothing negative to really add or comment on.

Overall, a great resort and highly recommended if you can find better rates.

-James

Room Tip: I personally never choose a room on the ground floor. We chose one with a garden view not on ground...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James M
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for long period and have to say, the staff were wonderful and the pools are great. The gym has very good equipment unless you are a heavy eight man. I use the gym every day. The restaurant is ridiculously expensive and even more so compared to Thailand prices, this is obviously why it is empty every night. Not a problem though, as within 10minutes walk are many, many Thai and international restaurants at comfy Thai prices. The best thing about this hotel is you can walk to the beach, and from your hotel you can hear the sound of the surf. I have stayed here twice and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely get the rooms with balconies, for privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
#33 of 56 in Kata Beach
Kata Rocks
Kata Rocks
#8 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to The Aspasia Phuket? Share your experiences!