The Aspasia is located at the very northern tip of Kata beach. Kata has grown to be a little too busy for my taste - it is definitely not the quiet beach I saw when I visited the first time 17 years ago. However, the Aspasia escapes it all. It is a very steep climb both up to the hotel as well as down to the beach, but you'll be rewarded with peacefulness and magnificent views. A climb down, and you have lots of massage shops, restaurants, cafes, shops and nightlife to choose from - as well as the beautiful Kata beach.
The rooms are huge, and I believe they all share the same magnificent views. We had a kitchen with our room, which was nice for preparing snacks for our growing kids who constantly get hungry outside family meal times.
Breakfast buffet is not huge, but with a great variety including delicious Italian cold cuts, eggs in any variety as well as Asian fare.
There is a lap pool in front of the building to the far left and a fitness centre that just has the basics that you need if you feel like keeping fit during your stay (although the climbs up and down the hills might already fulfil that purpose).
If you want to do more than just lie on the beach and go out at night, renting a car on Phuket is a good option. Traffic is crazy, but manageable, and Phuket has a lot more to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently created in the south of the island of Phuket, The Aspasia is a stylish boutique resort reflecting an unusual retro-deco design with hints of Mayan style architecture. The muted yellow and green hues of the buildings blend exotically with the colours of the lush forest that sweeps down to Kata Beach. Each secluded apartment has stunning sea views, and guests only have a two minute walk to the white, sandy beach below.With the accent firmly lying on tranquility, comfort and contemporary style, The Aspasia Phuket offers a choice of superior accommodation and facilities that includes restaurant, a wine and cigar shop, two swimming pools, a gymnasium, business centre, meeting room, high-speed wireless Internet access and spa. Original paintings and antiques are displayed in the spa, restaurant and lobby, complementing the style of decor. There is easy access between the twelve buildings and facilities forming the resort. The property is set amongst beautifully landscaped gardens, filled with colourful tropical planting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Aspasia Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata Beach
- Aspasia Phuket Kata
- Aspasia Phuket Hotel Kata
- The Aspasia Phuket Kata Beach