Booked this place based on TA's review. Indeed the hill is a challenge and so is the lack of capacity of staff to communicate in English except for the Manager and one lady at the reception. We checked in on the day where there was telephone line failure and they could not process my credit card for the balance payment on check in. The lady at the reception (not the one mentioned above) suggested I go to the bank to withdraw cash and of course just arriving at Phuket that was the last thing on my mind and not what I would consider as been customer friendly. It was only when I insisted on seeing the Manager and he agreed that we could process the payment later when the line is up and running since I was staying at Boomerang for 5 nites. Besides this hiccup, we also had a water pipe burst which the poor Manager had to ensure it was fixed and we didnt have hot water supply on the first day. My kudos to this guy; he is always running around to fix something and yet not too busy to ask how our day was and if we were enjoying our meal at the restaurant. . Boomerang is a strange mix; I like it that it is a quaint little place and away not all the noise of Kata Beach but some things definitely do need fixing including the staff service, capacity to communicate with customers and the pool (some tiles were chipped and my teenage son had a cut). Will I stay again? If I choose to be on Kata Beach because of activities pursued, I might. Anyway, thank you Mr Manager (sorry I forgot your name) you were a gem and you helped made a stay at Boomerang enjoyable inspite of the hiccups experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach