I have just returned from a week staing at the Boomerang Village Resort. All I can say is absolutely superb.
On arrival we were met by Paulo and taken to the beautiful open air living room where he explained the features and amenities of the resort. All this whilst siiting in a lovely breeze overlooking Kata and out to the sea.
Our bags were taken to our rooms for us and we were taken to our cottages and shown the facilities. The cottages are wonderful and extremely clean. Everything is spotless and the surrounding gardens are bright and full of flowers and birds. No massive buildings overhanging or crowding your views here. Just wonderful jungle/rainforest behind and a great view of Kata and the ocean out the front.
The pool is beautiful and great relaxing music is gently piped to this area.
The restaurant is excellent. The included breakfast had everything you could wish for and more. The best coffee I had in all of Thailand from Chiang Mai down. We ate several times in the restaurant for dinner, with both Thai and Italian food ordered. All being first rate and not over inflated prices like most resorts. The pizzas were a standout.
The staff were wonderful. Naa and Ying in the restaurant could not do enough to assist and even helped me with some on the go Thai lessons. Lovely girls. Paulo the supervisor was very friendly and any requests were never a problem.
The resort is approx 2km back from the beach on a large hill. This is excellent as you are out of all the noise and people and it is very quiet. They offer a car service down to the beach but we hired a moped for the resort which was the same price as everywhere else. You also get the benefit of a lovely breeze to cool things down and you have ocean views which you dont get in most resorts in Kata.
If you go to Phuket to party till 5am every night then go to Patong. If you want to stay in first class accomodation, surrounded by gardens, with great rooms, excellent staff and fine food then STAY AT THE BOOMERANG VILLAGE RESORT. I will defintely be returning and would not stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach