Boomerang Village Resort
Ranked #19 of 55 Hotels in Kata Beach
Reviewed 5 October 2009

I was organising this holiday for my parents and they have truly enjoyed their stay at BVC. Room was nice and clean, stuff always ready to help. Beach transfer service happen to be very handy as it is a bit hard for two aged people climb up the hill, but there was never a problem to organise a transport to and from the beach. The pool is great, especially during a low season. The garden is beatifull and well looked after. Breakfast is tasty, but a little bit simple. Overall, this is one of those places you never afraid to recommend. Photos on BVC website are true Thanks, Paolo&Paolo and thanks tripadvisor.
Highlights:
- real rainforest begins where the garden ends
- the view
- koi fish in the stream
- delightful swimming pool

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TatyanaP

Reviewed 1 October 2009

We had a blast while in Phuket & the Boomerang cottages were just what we were after. It was incredibly cheap, in a great spot with a view although sometimes got a bit much always needing a lift into town. Kata was so relaxing especially compared to Patong & the beaches are beautiful. We hired a scooter from the hotel very cheap (150 baht for 24 hours) & rode into Patong which was hectic but fun. The hotels restaurant was pretty good & we ate here a few times, breakfast was great as it was a full buffet with nice coffee & all free. The pool was really nice & we enjoyed the 2 for 1 cocktails during happy hour while in the spa. We loved the place & will think about going back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jim_n_Lucy
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We arrived at Boomerang after a long journey from the UK. It was the perfect spot to relax and get used to the climate. The staff are really helpful and the food is excellent. Breakfast is served until 1pm which was great. Beautiful gardens with orchids hanging from the trees. It is quite a long walk to the beach but it was not a problem for us and we sometimes got a taxi back at night which did not cost much. Good, cheap restaurants on the beach looking out to sea. Wish we had stayed longer.

3  Thank CarolineNorfolk
Reviewed 30 September 2009

There were really good aspects of this place and some really negative ones. I dont really like leaving negative reviews but feel that everyone should know in full honesty.
THE GOOD
The managers were really helpful, considerate and would bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable and confortable.
Lovely lady staff in the restaurant, nice security guard (always felt safe) and groundskeeper.
Really nice pool
Lovely big room (we had a suite)
The food in the restaurant is really good with so many choices
The price of the room
_____________________
THE BAD
*No telephone, it was impossible to contact home and also our tour guide had to ring about 6 times to get a hold of us to reschedule.
*No alarm clock, their alarm clock was tell us and we will get the security guard to knock on the door.
*Bed too hard
*The really steep hill we had to climb everyday. what made it worse was that we had to push our three year old up in her stroller in that humidity. We were drenched in sweat after that each time.
*We had no aircon for half our stay, complained about it once, they changed the filter, it worked ok for a day or so then didnt work at all. In the end we had no choice to complain again as we were so uncomfortable, then they got a technician to regas it after that no probs.
*The cleaners left our sliding door wide open on one day and on another they left the window wide open. Luckily nothing got stolen but it left alot of mozzies in our room.
*The breakfast got a little boring after a few days.
*The worst part of the stay and I have to mention it was this young man that they had just hired.
first he tried ripping us off $500 baht at dinner, lucky my husband made him recount it. Then at happy hour it took a whole hour to receive 2 cocktails. One of the cocktails on the first day didnt taste like there was any alcohol in it either. The following day we decided to order two more as soon as we received our first drinks. Well we got the impression that the guy making the cocktails didnt like that very much and he didnt put in any alcohol again in our cocktails, we got another guest to try it and he agreed. We complained and the guy who made them insisted that it did but I have worked in hotels for 11 years and I knew that there wasnt any. We complained to the management about the cocktails and also the $500 baht attempt rip off. The cocktail guy got in trouble then we got given 2 more cocktails, I was hesitant to drink it but did. What a mistake, my husband and I got violently ill. I was so sick I was hallucinating. It was a funny coincedence that we both got sick at the same time a couple hours after drinking the cocktails and my daughter who didnt drink anything was fine. After this incident I really didnt want to stay there. We didnt order any drinks or food from them again.
*The staff always stared at you while eating, which made us feel really uncomfortable.
_______________
We stayed here for 11 nights. It was way too long in the one place, if I had to do it again I probably would like to stay at a resort on the beach or break my stay up and stay at 2 different places. Unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positives for me and I would not stay again if I were to go to phuket again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank Kristy P
Reviewed 7 September 2009

The hotel is located on a steep hill, overlooking Kata Bay. We stayed in a deluxe villa and to put it in a nutshell: it was simply great. The villa was beautifully furnished and decorated, spacious and clean. The garden and pool area were really nice, creating a really relaxing atmosphere. It's possible to walk to the beach, but it will take you about 30 minutes. However, they offer a shuttle service to the beach and should you miss that you can always take one of the inexpensive but fun Tuk Tuks.
We found it was a great place to stay and to use as a starting point for trips all over the island and simply great value for money.

3  Thank PlanBSingapore
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I stayed here for four nights after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor. As all the other rooms were booked I payed for one of the larger villa rooms near the pool, which afforded great views down the hill toward Kata village.

The room was decorated beautifully and I loved the bed. You could tell the owners put a lot of pride in the way they present the rooms and the gardens. I liked the feel of the place. It had a more personal and friendly feel, which would have been lost at one of the larger chain resorts. Upon arrival I was taken through everything I needed to know and my stay was certainly a comfortable one. It is a very peaceful place to spend your time in Kata away from the traffic and the main tourist strip and I would highly recommend it.

Yes, it is a bit of a hike from the beach but I hired a scooter to take care of that and yes, the hill you have to climb to get to the cottages is pretty steep! It's also quite funny having to wait at the traffic lights to get up or down the hill, but I can understand why they're there!

The free wi-fi was great also!! Something none of any of the 5-star hotels I stayed in in other cities on this trip provided.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
6  Thank David C
Reviewed 23 August 2009

My wife & I stayed in a Suite at Boomerang Village Cottages for 9 nights in Kata.

We were looking for something a little different and boy it was just great. And a bargain at 75 Euros.

The hotel web site is spot on with its photos. Such a peaceful place & the staff were lovely. Breakfast everyday was sufficient & good variety.

Recommend that you hire a scooter or car to get around.

Recommend Mom Tri Villa Royale restaurant for something very special.

1  Thank sjfletch52