Booked this resort after being impressed by the reviews we had read, and now having been there I have to say it deserves all the praise that holiday makers have given it. Stayed for 3 nights in June. About an hour from the airport and just off the main road up a small slope.
On arrival greeted with a local drink and a warm welcome. We were in the superior room number 103 and the room was superb. Decorated with flowers and candles with mini bar, tv, air con. Good size room with patio doors and terrace - lovely to sit out in the evening having a beer and glass of wine. There is a pool which is in a lovely area and pool towels are supplied. Breakfast is an all you can eat buffet and is lovely. It also is available until about 1pm so you can pop back in during the morning for the odd snack and juice. Free internet access available in the business centre area.
Booked a Thai massage which was amazing. The lady came to the room and it last about 1 hour 20 mins. Cost 500 baht as I asked her to also add head, neck and shoulder massage. Superb - an absolute must .
I would agree with a previous review who mentioned about not suitable for children. This is a couples hotel. There is no children entertainment, pool area is too small and the landscaping of the site is a health and safety risk for young children who just like to run every where
We arranged a couple of boat trips to James Bond Island and Phi Phi - Maya - definitely worth a visit. The hotel can arrange but there are loads of places in the town also arranging and you can haggle the price down.
This resort is not too far from the shops and restaurants and is also about 20 mins walk from the beach. I believe the hotel has a shuttle bus to the beach but we did not use this. Just walk down to the main road, turn left for the quick way to the beach, turn right for the longer walk and this will take you pass the shops etc. Beach is excellent - great waves and shallow to enter
Would definitely recommend a stay here - great location, great facilities and staff just want to help you all the time, they can't do enough for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket. Surrounded by greenery and colorful environment characteristic of the island of Phuket, an oasis proper. Virtually dipped in the nature of a tropical garden. The property boasts panoramic views of Kata and is located approximately 80 metres above sea level, is situated about 950 meters from the lovely Kata Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Boomerang Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomerang Village Hotel Kata Beach
- Boomerang Village Resort Phuket/Kata Beach