Kata Country House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Color Kata(Kata Beach)
  • Pool
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Chanalai Romantica Resort(Kata Beach)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclub medbeach towelsbusy roadbungalowkatarenovationfrogs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Nice enough, good size rooms nice décor, clean, average breakfast, lovely pool.
Great location as close to the beach as you can get for this price, close to shops restaurants etc... The hotel had a fairly good restaurant to. Down side the room had a musky, damp, mouldy smell including the bed linen. Which I asked to be aired but didn't help. I could smell the musty smell on our clothes after we left. I did not find the reception staff very helpful but thankfully didn't have much to do with them. There seems to be an issue with the toilet paper none in the room when we arrived and when I went to ask they sent someone to the room to check that I was telling the truth well that's how I felt, He even picked up my little roll as if to suggest I had toilet paper which I quickly pointed out was mine and not enough. On the last day we used our own paper again as it had run out and not been replaced, ticked off with that, Otherwise nice place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stood in a wooden bungalow for 3 nights. Lovely interior, very kind staff and jungle like garden. Great place!

They don't advertize much the fact that there is no direct access to the beach: the lovely Club Med, which looks more like a fortress, secludes the beach with a long fence which can be only bypassed with a good 500+ meters walk.

Room Tip: Go for the bungalows!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Zsigmond G
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend were here for few nights, and I have to say that the location is grait, the service of the hotel excellent and room nice and tidy and very spacious.The hotel also has a nice swimming pool and a very good restaurant with a range of dishes to pick.We have a very nice and comfortable staying.Thank you

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Me and my friends loved it. It's situated on one of the main streets of Kata Beach but when you enter the resort you forget about it because whole thing is like a huge garden. It's quiet and you feel like in tropics. The staff is very polite and helpful, most of then speak decent English. Rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfasts were the weakness of KataCHouse, awful taste and poor choice. Surprisingly the food in hotel restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: I would NOT recommend wooden bungalows because they're poorly located and they have a weird smell but the concrete bungalows are very nice and situated at the pond. If you are willing to spend a little more money deluxe rooms are excellent, spacious and with big balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AgataNka
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I read the reviews prior to making reservations and initially had reservations.  The rooms are accommodating, the linens are crisp and there was plenty of hot water. The shower is typical Thai so I had no issues. The hotel is off the street so you don't hear the main drag. It's conveniently close to the beach, cross the street and make a left or right, left for south Kata beach, right for north. The hotel has it's own restaurant and some folks had purchased coupons in advance--buffet is 150 baht, includes eggs cereal, fried rice, Thai dishes, fruit, juices--enough to keep you going until dinner. They do serve dinner but there are too many options to count. There's a 7-11 two doors down (with ATM and currency exchange). The wifi is located in the office area and is shut down by 10pm. The office area and restaurant is not air conditioned, but for the price and location--I couldn't complain. The pool was not as crowded as I previously read and there were many Russian families--pleasant and friendly, didn't encounter any drunks or rude behavior. I did enjoy the lush gardens, flowers, trees. This is a humid climate so expect mosquitoes in the am and pm (they carry repellent at the front desk). I found staff reliable and friendly--Mr. Son (Sontaya) was my driver and is an excellent guide. He is very polite, speaks English and is extremely helpful. When I return to Kata--I will return to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo