Kata Country House
US$104
US$87
Novotel
Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$63
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$52
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Andaman Cannacia Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$48
Agoda.com
The Palmery Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$56
Agoda.com
Centara Kata Resort Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Kata Sea Breeze Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$43
  • Pool
Casa e Mare(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$20
All reviewsclub medbeach towelsbusy roadbungalowkatarenovationfrogs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We enjoyed very much our staying in Kata Beach Country House. It was one of the very few things we liked in Kata, which is way too much touristy for us. And not that beautiful, when compared to other regions of Thailand.
The rooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated. The paths leading to the rooms are beautifully arranged, with many plants and trees and some decorating touches.
The staff is extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Stayed in bungalow 15 in mid August and it was brilliant. Gorgeous gardens, great pool, and location is terrific. It's on the main drag and walking distance to restaurants, shops, and the beach. The rooms are down a nice path and you're sorrounded by lush gardens and there's a lake with rooms that look out on to this too. Breakfast was pretty basic but that's ok and there's cheap internet available(they usually don't even charge). If you're looking for privacy then I wouldn't suggest the rooms on ground floor facing the pool as it's one long verandah rather than a balcony so you're pretty much sitting next to the person in the next room, but upstairs is probably ok. Just be aware that they are renovating and there can be quite a bit of noise(ear splitting cement grinders make lying by the lovely pool a bit tough, although it's not all the time). Would def stay here again if I go back to Kata.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2010

The first room I stayed in was fine, but at night, there was loud blaring music from a nearby disco till 3am in the morning- I got no sleep and it was terrible. When I complained at the front desk there was initial reluctance to changing my room but they did- i think after they saw how sleep-deprived and angry i was . After that my experience was great, the pool is beautiful and breakfast is very nice. I would stay here again if i knew that I was not going to have a noisy room.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Great hotel which is in part of Phuket which is lively enough but not the seedy, busy place I expected. Kata was more a family resort which mostly closed down around 11pm 12pm. There were a good selection of restaurants and bars and were reasonably priced.

The hotel was on a fairly main street but the located far enough back off the street that we heard no noise. Two lovely clean pools and really good food. The breakfast was fine with plenty of choice and constantly replenished. Nice hot tea and coffee. All staff were pleasant and helpful. Ours was a standard room which was sparcely furnished and pretty simple but was very clean. The only fault I had was that the air conditioning did not work very well. It was reported and maintainance came to the room and carried out repairs but it was not particularly useful for our stay which at the time was very hot and became uncomfortable on a night..

The Spa was also really nice and good value for money.

All in all value for money and a hotel I would definately return to if I go back to Phuket.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Everyone starts a review off by saying how nice the staff was. Yes, the staff was nice, but it must be remembered that almost everyone in Thailand is polite and kind, almost to a fault. We rented a bungalow for five days, close to the front but still fortunately far enough away from the traffic noise. It was roomy, but as basic as a tent -- no phone in room, no electrical outlets in bathroom, with a small TV still festoned with showroom stickers. There were chinks in the walls, providing a freeway for mosquitoes to pour in throughout the night. The bathroom was also semi-open, which meant that it couldn't be air conditioned. The safety latch on the door was hanging by a single screw, so we were careful to always use the free safe deposit boxes at the front (large enough for a laptop), although it was a bit of a pain to always be asking the staff to open the boxes. A driveway extends through the middle of the facility, and all day long there is an endless variety of trucks and cars -- laundry trucks, food trucks, garbage trucks, pickup trucks, landscaping trucks, delivery trucks going in and out, just like it was the back of a shopping mart. You have to go to the front desk to use the wireless, and the staff never could get it to work with my Mac. Bed was OK, but probably needs replacing, along with the frayed towels. Breakfast was also basic -- only plain omelets, no cheese, ham, onion, green peppers, etc. Even fruit, which is cheap and plentiful in Thailand, was limited to pineapple, watermelon and bananas. I would have given it three stars for passable but a last-minute incident soured me on the place. We had left a small drinking glass from the room by the pool, and the hotel insisted on charging me 100 Baht. I live in Malaysia, and travel frequently to Thailand, and this was the worst mid-range hotel I've ever stayed at. Bottom line: You won't have a bad experience here, but neither will you have an experience that matches what you are expecting from a wonderful vacation to Thailand, which I love immensely.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple