Kata Sea Breeze Resort
US$107
US$90
Novotel
Sugar Palm Grand Hillside(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$49
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$63
The Beach Heights Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$76
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$112
  • Breakfast included
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$253
PGS Hotels Casa Del Sol(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$45
  • Breakfast included
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$332
US$282
The Palmery Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$49
Kata Rocks(Kata Beach)
US$934
US$640
Trip.com
All reviewsz barscoopon voucherpool access roomlarge hotelswim up barkids clubcleaning staffair condirect accessfront officetea and coffeestayed for nightsbuffet breakfastyogurttaxi serviceminute walk to the beachthe main road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Our booking agent messed up our booking at another hotel so we luckily got moved to this one (at the same rate). We had a superior deluxe room so we had a pool entrance from our rooms (pretty swanky for us). The rooms were very clean and service was excellent. Our balcony door did not lock at first and the service staff was there within 10 mins to change the lock. Breakfast was pretty good- lots of choices. Staff at desk were helpful although english was a struggle for them. Taxi service desk was great! Only disappointments were the wireless internet that was not free and the workout equipment in the fitness room was broken,- but then again the service staff was right up there fixing it when we notified them. Good location for restaurants, spas, shopping and Kata beach. Strongly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pauline S
zeaza, Manager at Kata Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Very welcome you back again ! Thank you for your great comment , we wish you had a great time wish us.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I booked a hotel room for 13 nights, and I was a little skeptical after reading the mixed feedback on tripadvisor.com. But the hotel turned out to be very good! Almost nothing to complain about. The mattress was a little hard, but I'm sure if I had asked staff for a new mattress, they would have acquired a new one right away.

The rooms are clean, the bathroom is clean. Air conditioning was effective, and the balcony was just the right size. It's free in-room safes, and there was wireless internet that I used on my own computer for 200 baht a day.

Breakfast is standard American, with omelettes, eggs, bacon, toast, juice, coffee, tea, etc. There were also different Thai food to choose from, as well as fresh fruit.

The hotel appears to be clean and tidy. The pool was okay and public areas are clean. All public restrooms were very clean and smelled good.

The hotel is relatively large, with 180 rooms. The staff could be perceived as a bit impersonal, but it's tiring to have to smile all the time. They were helpful when I had questions.

The distance to Kata beach is about 600 meters, but we liked Karon beach better. We paid 200 baht for a taxi to Karon.

All in all, this hotel is recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Percursatio19
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Stayed for 2 weeks in march 2011. Too much Swedish-people and not value for your money. If you manage to get room cheaper, then its fine. Staff is good and friendly, cleaning was also good. Breakfest is ok but crowded after 8 a.m.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Siiri_12
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Probably the most 'swanky' hotel I've stayed in. Room service, 2 ernormous swimming pools with poolside bars, huge tv channel selection, big restaurant, mini bar, bellboys etc.

We lucked out and got this hotel for 1600 baht a night for a triple room, I'm uncertain that It's normally this cheap as it seemed to be a 4 star kind of resort. Every time I've been to Phuket, the mini bus would stop at a travel agent and if you didn't have a room, they'd help you book one and the mini bus would drop you right at their door - good system. The travel agents got us this ridiculous discount, so this review is just based on a budget to midrange hotel - I'm no conneseiur of upmarket hotels.

One swimming pool lasts the length of the resort and is great for doing mega-lengths in (it's long). The other pool is great for relaxing and even has a poolside bar. The restaurant was mediocre and gave my girlfriend VERY bad food poisoning (think 4 days, both ends), so maybe avoid that, but there's plenty of restaurants out the doors and to the left and a cheeky 7/11 to the right.

One tip is avoid the taxi man at the hotel as they overcharge A LOT. Go out and to the left and get a much cheaper taxi or tuk tuk.

Value - 5/5 (based on my experience)
Location - 3/5
Comfort - 5/5
Cockroaches seen - 0

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms have access out the room's back door and straight into the pool - very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank OlliePlimsole
Reviewed 5 November 2011

But it was very expensive. The rooms were lovely and huge! Nice clean bathroom, Internet cafe, gym and HUGE pool! But was very empty no one there ever. Which made things a little ghost town like. Also I had lunch in the hotel restaurant, which wasn't very nice, and within hours I was sick and stayed in bed Ill for the rest of our stay. I'm not saying it was the food but we were sceptical! For the sheer price and size of this place, there's little atmosphere and I wouldn't go back really.

• Stayed: September 2011