All reviews night market surf theme free mini bar beach mats boxing room raw sewage fruit market staff was friendly and helpful nice hotel snickers bar style hotel booking tours gym equipment quiet room thai boxing pool access room modern design
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and was an enjoyable say. Contents of the mini bar are free and changed daily, the room is nicely presented and themed with the name of the hotel. Would stay again and certainly recommend

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

First impression of the hotel was good. The staff was ever so helpful. We forgot our shampoos to the previous Sugar Marina (nautical) hotel and after half an hour they informed that we can now pick them up from the reception. Excellent service.

We used the room service twice. The phone number for room service isn't mentioned in the food catalog so that could be fixed. Food was cheaper than in nearby restaurants, so it's a good option if you happen to feel lazy (or hangover). Club sandwich 120, pizza 200 and burgers around 130-160 bahts.

The room was modern and clean. The bed was big and comfortable enough. No complains whatsoever.

This hotel is a good choice depending on what you're looking for. In my opinion it lacked a little bit of atmosphere. Lounge area with a bar would be a good add so customers had the opportunity to relax and chill out without going too far away from the hotel every night. For some people this might not be any kind of an issue. There is still a restaurant that serves breakfast and food all day until 20.30. We didn't pay for the breakfast since it would have cost 400 bahts each every morning... We thought it was too pricey.

Pool area isn't very big but we had never troubles fitting in. The water in the pool is freezing and that would be the reason we never swam in it. Not too many hours per day when the sun would shine in the pool area anyway. Pool access rooms lack privacy so be aware of that. Not a very chilled place to sit down and enjoy your day when you have everyone in the pool area watching what you're doing. I consider the pool view rooms in the higher floors better options. We had a pool view room on the third floor and were happy with it. I don't know exactly what the other rooms facing the street are like, but the views aren't great.

Location is not too bad. A walk to Kata/Karon is manageable even during the hottest hours of the day. This end of Kata beach isn't great though. The dirty sewage runs straight to the sea. You can see the difference compared to the other end of the beach. We found that out only after 3 days of swimming in that part of the beach. Strong smell of sewage made us wonder where it came from. After that it wasn't too hard to figure out. So I would suggest going to Karon beach instead.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Location was 7 mins walk from Kata Beach, reasonable enough. Got the deluxe free beer room not facing the room but was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a night market below. Room came with special pool towels too and a beach mat which was so handy to bring to the beach. Room was clean but the best was the friendly staff. It was my birthday on Friday and I asked for a towel at 1030PM. They came at 11PM and I was just about to close the door after taking the towel as my friend and I both had facial masks on. I was surprised to see that the staff Aum and Ying gave with a birthday cake and sang me a birthday song. Throughout our stay, they entertained our many queries of getting a bottle opener to getting utensils for our cup noodles etc. Really thankful for their hospitality. Really made my stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Its a nice hotel very well located. Beach is 10 mins walk and a lot of restaurants are around. The rooms are nice. We were staying in the deluxe pool facing room. The beds were huge and very very comfortable. The pool is nice and they have a small basic gym. Breakfast spread is not big but nice. Room service is excellent and very reasonably priced. Reception staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We arrived having had a week at a four star hotel in Patong. The Sugar Marina Surf was a similar price however not quite to the same standard.
The staff had little English so it was a bit of a challenge to get accurate information from them and help regarding hiring a car etc.
The hotel is well situated and a 5 minute walk to the beach. We really liked Kata beach and surrounding area. Much more relaxed atmosphere and less busy than Patong.
Our room was fine- had everything we needed.
Our bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.
The daily service was a little haphazard - I like a cup of tea from time to time but stocks were only replenished once over a 6 day stay. I did ask at breakfast and was given 1 teabag.
Breakfast was again, okay. Service again was a little lacking- a smile and hello would have been nice.
I was disappointed to not be able to use the gym..I had intended to but it did not have air conditioning and I just could cope with the heat in the room.

Room Tip: Ground floor gives easy access to pool.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple