My husband, one year old daughter, and I just stayed seven nights. This is my second stay. My first stay two years ago was luxurious. The grounds were still new and it was very exciting. My second trip back, I was a bit disappointed in the wear and tear of the rooms. The wood is tarnished, the pools need to be cleaned daily, the air conditioner didn't seem to get cool enough, and the doors no longer match up for a tight close making it easy for little critters to enter. It is a short walk to the beautiful Kata beach and has all the amenities of a five star hotel. Room service is easy and convenient since you have a dining room table. I think the deal breaker for me was a $50 charge for a collect call to my country. I still don't understand why I have to pay 3 bucks a minute for a call that is free to the hotel. I also had an issue with them calling me a taxi to the airport when I specifically asked the hotel to drive me. It was a sour end to a beautiful trip. The car smelled and made noises. The final problem was the staff misunderstanding me. I asked for salt and pepper and was brought soap and napkins. I'm not sure how that happened.
On a brighter note, the bed was super comfy and the food was delicious. The villas are beautiful and convenient. The spa was amazing and definitely worth the $120 for scrub, facial, and massage. The $10 massages you get on the street may feel good, but they are not professionals. I'm pregnant and the masseur knew exactly how to accommodate me. On arrival, we received some coupons for the spa and the restaurant. This we took full advantage of and it gave us the extra push to try the hotels amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malisa Villa Suites serves private pool villas as the perfect hideaway for couples at Kata Beach on Phuket Island with 41 well-designed individual villas, each with its own private pool that leaves you totally undistracted and showcases the comfort of your stay.Offering a host of the finest attentive services, from in-villa service breakfast by the personal chefs, Malisa Signature Welcome, complimentary minibar with daily replenishment to relaxing spas and endless romantic dinner or BBQ dinner in your private villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Malisa Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malisa Villa Hotel Kata Beach
- Malisa Hotel Kata
- Malisa Villa Suites Phuket/Kata Beach