“Probably my last stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Malisa Villa Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Malisa Villa Suites
Ranked #33 of 56 Hotels in Kata Beach
Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea
“Probably my last stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband, one year old daughter, and I just stayed seven nights. This is my second stay. My first stay two years ago was luxurious. The grounds were still new and it was very exciting. My second trip back, I was a bit disappointed in the wear and tear of the rooms. The wood is tarnished, the pools need to be cleaned daily, the air conditioner didn't seem to get cool enough, and the doors no longer match up for a tight close making it easy for little critters to enter. It is a short walk to the beautiful Kata beach and has all the amenities of a five star hotel. Room service is easy and convenient since you have a dining room table. I think the deal breaker for me was a $50 charge for a collect call to my country. I still don't understand why I have to pay 3 bucks a minute for a call that is free to the hotel. I also had an issue with them calling me a taxi to the airport when I specifically asked the hotel to drive me. It was a sour end to a beautiful trip. The car smelled and made noises. The final problem was the staff misunderstanding me. I asked for salt and pepper and was brought soap and napkins. I'm not sure how that happened.

On a brighter note, the bed was super comfy and the food was delicious. The villas are beautiful and convenient. The spa was amazing and definitely worth the $120 for scrub, facial, and massage. The $10 massages you get on the street may feel good, but they are not professionals. I'm pregnant and the masseur knew exactly how to accommodate me. On arrival, we received some coupons for the spa and the restaurant. This we took full advantage of and it gave us the extra push to try the hotels amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jasmine T
Janthira S, General Manager at Malisa Villa Suites, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Mrs. Jasmin T.,

Thank you for your positive Review. We will forward your comments to our employees. Regarding the Villa and our services. We do constantly renovate room by room. So we will be happy to present you a different room upon your next visit.

Kindly regards,
Phichet Wongsrichu (Mr.)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Spent 3 nights here in August, book a pool villa.
Our villa was perfect and having our own pool was fabulous for a late night dip. All the staff are do friendly and happy to help. We ate in the restaurant for lunch most days and had evening meal 3 or 4 times, the quality was outstanding on all occassions. Yes it's slightly more expensive than the restaurants down the street.

breakfast was great too with plenty of choice.

Many thanks will visit again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nitin1804
Dear Mr.and Mrs. Nitin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay at our resort. We are happy to hear that your appreciated your stay, especially the very friendly staff, fantastic lunch, dinner and great invilla breakfast. Thank you again for booking us. Looking forward to your soon return visit.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

we stayed 4 nights in the grande pool villa. The staff is so friendly. The place was so beautiful & clean. 10 mints walk to the beach. The breakfast was amazing. its a 40 mints ride to the airport. 15 mints from patong beach.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank akarara
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Akarara,

Thank you for choosing our Malisa Villa Suites Phuket. We are delighted to here that you liked your stay in our villa and that we could exceed your expectation. Looking forward to your return visit, next time you visit Phuket.

Muscat, Oman
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

this was one of the most disgusting owful experiance EVER!!!

I felt that im in a digusting insects zoo that is full of mosquitos, cocoraches, leazards and even RATS!!!!

Was Definately not a pleasent or even a relaxing stay and for sure i am not going to stay at this hotel ever again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Amal K
Port Macquarie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Spent 4 nights here last week. Hidden away, private and peaceful but a few minutes walk and you have the beach, bars and shopping. The villa we were in had sun around the pool so that was great. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and would love to go back again one day.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrownyPortMacquarie
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying this is my personal opinion as 6 months ago I left a review for a hotel of 3 stars based on my experience and the manager had a right moan at me..... We stayed at Malisa Villas last week for 4 nights. They are lovely, the staff are very helpful and very friendly. The location was great and we were aware it wasn't on the beach. Kata beach is approximately 5 mins walk away but was jam packed so we paid 200 baht to go to Kata Noi beach which was less busy but busy all the same. The only downside to Malisa is no pool I know each villa has its own pool but our pool didn't get any sun all day long so the sun beds on the deck in the villa were in my opinion misleading. Had there been a pool with sun beds around it that you could sunbathe on you wouldn't necessarily need a walk, shuttle bus or taxi to the beach.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for choosing our resort Malisa Villa Suites during your last stay in Phuket. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for mentioning our great staff and location. Our team takes great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We went to phuket for 6 days , 4 of them were in amari coral beach and 2 in malisa villa Suites.
And I found that there are some deficiencies as follows
*no shuttle to kata beach I have to do whether by walking 10 mins or taking a taxi.
*No temperature adjustment for the pool and when asking their customer service , they told me that I can use the jacuzzi or the shower ( of course most of the people coming to this hotel is for the swimming pool ).
*Poor English is common in most of the Thai people working in tourism it takes you a lot of time to make them understand.
*the mini bar is free but it's not adequately stuffed with items that suits muslims ( alcoholic drinks should be substituted by non alcoholic drinks for muslim guests ).

Other positive points are as follows
* the villa design and decoration is amazing.
* the staff is very polite
*the internet service is fast.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple