We stayed here in February 2013. It was a great little guest house and it was very clean. It was a little difficult for us to find at first but once we did it was in a great location. Terje, the owner, was very-friendly. The food was very good. The lady who was cooking was from Nepal and my husband says that she made the best massaman curry in all of Thailand (although it is not on the menu). If we are ever in Kata Beach again we will stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern Fried Rice is a recently established guesthouse situated at Kata Beach, the most beautiful beach on Thailand's idyllic Phuket Island. Moments from the beach, and featuring spacious, clean, comfortable rooms, modern en-suite bathrooms, outstanding Thai and international cuisine, free wi-fi high speed internet and many more attractions, Southern Fried Rice is the ideal hostel from which to explore Phuket. We have PC stations in our property and it is Free of Charge as well. There is a top quality pool table, 42' plasma TV screen with surround sound and a computerized sound system with all your favourite music. For intellectual stimulation we are hosting the Phuket Chess Club, with frequent blitz tournaments and we are planning regular Thai language lessons. There is access to Kata Day Spa, and a great variety of nightlife available within walking distance of the guesthouse. We also hire out motorcycles for the more adventurous to range out over Thailand's biggest island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Southern Fried Rice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Fried Rice Hotel Kata Beach
- Southern Fried Rice Phuket/Kata Beach