“This is Possibly the best b&b in Cornwall - Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!”
Review of Boslinney Barn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Ewe
Boslinney Barn
Ranked #2 of 2 Saint Ewe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My husband and I are still on our honeymoon, but felt compelled to take a moment to post this review.

We were warmly welcomed by the lovely Ginny and shown around Boslinney Barn. This place is spectacular. The guest lounge, dining area and our room, (the green room), were oozing with style and charm. The views were quite literally breathtaking, both from our bedroom and as you are eating breakfast, through the kitchen window.

Breakfast deserves a paragraph of its own. A beautiful farmhouse table, houses you as you feast on fresh berries, yoghurts and thick cut toast, to accompany the jam and marmalade. This is followed by a full english, (and to our delight, included the much coveted fried slice!). All utterly delicious.

I honestly cant say enough good things about Boslinney Barn, and if you only visit one place
in the whole of Cornwall, make this it, you wont be disappoionted.

Our only regret was that we couldnt stay longer. A fantastic, memorable part of our honeymoon and we cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank libbyseery

Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed at Boslinney barn for 2 nights in January. Getting to the barn was full of adventure with long winding country lanes in the dark but directions on the web site are accurate. The owner ginny was so welcoming and the accommodation is spacious, modern and wonderfully quiet. Megavissy is a 10 min drive and there are restaurants etc there. Breakfast was so filling and fresh.
We would highly recommend to anyone looking for a quiet break.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank bg205
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Boslinney Barn is, by no exaggeration, in the middle of nowhere. It's not difficult to get to, but once you're there you feel almost cut off from the rest of the world. It's brilliant.

We were greeted by the wonderful Ginny and her two little pals, Sadie and Jaffa. Jaffa is as soft as a puppy and just loves to be played with. Sadie, too, likes to be made a fuss of, but she likes to make you think that she can take it or leave it.

When we arrived Ginny showed us the two rooms so that we could choose which we'd like to stay in. We stayed in the red room, which has been very stylishly decorated with good quality furniture and interesting artwork. The mattress on the bed was among the most comfortable I've ever slept on.

After bringing our bags in, we were offered a cream tea in the living room. I'm not one to turn down a cup of tea with freshly made scones and a good dollop each of jam & clotted cream. Mouthwatering goodness.

We headed in to Mevagissey for dinner, eating at one of the pubs Ginny recommended. We were not disappointed, though I did eat far too much, which meant that at breakfast I opted for some cereal and toast, rather than the splendid full English that the others enjoyed. I was very angry with myself for letting this happen.

While the Boslinney Barn does feel remote, you're only a couple of miles from the picturesque little town of Mevagissey, and less than ten miles from the fascinating Eden Project. The Lost Gardens of Heligan are also a short drive away. If you're feeling energetic you could walk to Mevagissey for a few drinks before using the Beer Taxi (ie. your feet) to get you back to the B&B.

I'm already looking forward to returning to Cornwall, and can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Intermanaut
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was our second time at Boslinney, we stayed last year and just had to go back again it was so nice and will definitely be going again in the future. Ginny is so welcoming and the accommodation is first class. The rooms and accommodation are just right for relaxing in and the setting is picture postcard stuff and the beds are so comfortable. The cooked breakfasts are the worst thing though as you just can't say no.. trying to be good whilst at Boslinney is near impossible (cereal & fruit available if will power allows it).!!

From the cream tea on arrival to the last breakfast to the local knowledge shared by Ginny, if you are looking for a place to stay whilst exploring the delights of Cornwall you won't find a better place.

We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This barn with amazing views is in deep countryside a short drive from Heligan above Mevagissey. The quality of our( borderline tasteful kitsch - love it) room was v. good super clean, and wonderfully maintained; everything we needed for our get away.
The service was welcoming and helpful, great fresh cooked breakfast, and useful hints on where to go; we were made to feel totally at home.
Our sat nav did find it ... though thought it had got it wrong when we did a right turn through what looked like an alley near the harbour and later seemed to be in a farm yard.

Room Tip: We were on the corner of the barn with our own door to the garden which made it feel v. Independent...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This was such a great place to stay. The rooms were so comfortable and well doen. The breakfasts were delicious. Ginny was a kind and friendly host and even did our baby's laundry. The setting is remote and beautiful and I would highly recommend this for anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sabrara
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to spend a few nights in Cornwall this summer and found Boslinney barn through trip advisor, we booked after reading fantastic reviews and stayed for 2 nights at the end of July.

I can honestly say Boslinney barn is the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in! We arrived about 4 in the afternoon and luckily the weather was fantastic from start to finish. Ginny and her 2 lovely dogs greeted us and we were shown to our room and then given cream tea on the lawn. We stayed in the green room which was beautiful. I loved all the little quirky touches and the bed was amazing, so comfortable. I'd recommend the green room as we had 2 entrances to our room. One of the doors takes you directly in to the living area of the b&b and the other gives you direct access to the garden and the views. I can not fault Boslinney in anyway and wish we could have stayed for longer than two nights. Breakfast was also delicious, I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is.

While in Cornwall we spent some time in Mevagissey itself which is lovely but be prepared to drive on some incredibly steep and windy roads!! We also went to the lost gardens of heligan and just got in the car and went driving and came across a few lovely little beaches!

We paid £70 per night for bed and breakfast which I thought was fantastic value for money.

One thing I would add is that its really worth printing off the directions Ginny has posted on the website. Apparently most people just follow their sat navs instructions which sometimes take you all over the place and gets your lost. The barn is quite remote and the roads and extremely narrow and windy but we had a good laugh trying to find the place, driving down tracks with grass growing down the middle! The journey is definitely worth it to stay some where so unspoilt and peaceful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
#14 of 34 in Mevagissey
Lower Barns Boutique B&B
Lower Barns Boutique B&B
#1 of 2 in Saint Ewe

Been to Boslinney Barn? Share your experiences!