Lower Barns Boutique B&B
US$272
Tremarne Hotel(Mevagissey)
US$154
US$194
The Llawnroc Hotel(Gorran Haven)
US$220
US$214
US$216
US$204
US$88
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
The White Hart(St Austell)
US$154
US$314
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjanie and mikehot tubattention to detailthe main housecakeprivate gardenother guestsroaring fireb brecord playerromantic getawaylost gardens of heliganmade us feelself containedfour poster bedhuge beddressing table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Lower Barn for our good friend Jessica's 30th birthday. The whole experience was a delight from beginning to end. Janie and Mike are endlessly warm and welcoming and their attention to detail is incredible. We stayed in the Garden Suite, a super comfy setting with a divine bed, a fabulously bold colour scheme and quirky furnishings. We sank into the hot tub in the early evening sunshine and Janie served up a delicious feast in the cosy and candlelit setting of the Shack. Breakfast was equally delicious. It was the best weekend we've had in ages. Lower Barn has a real get-away-from-it-all vibe - perfect for a romantic break or a relaxing and indulgent weekend with friends. We will be back!

1  Thank Becs1980
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I celebrated my 30th birthday at Lower Barn and had the best time ever! Myself and 8 of my closest friends and family all visited for a night away - the sun was shining and Janie & Mike were as friendly as ever (our third visit and we're still in love with the place) - drinking champagne in front of the open fire when Janie brought in a massive chocolate cake with candles was the highlight, chilling in the hot tub in the afternoon and an incredible breakfast in the morning.

There really is nowhere like Lower Barn - the moment we arrived I felt relaxed and calm (keep calm, you're 30!) Janie & Mike feel like friends and they organise surprises better than anyone I know. In January I surprised my husband and brought him here on honeymoon - we even saw a shooting star in the hot tub at night, the place is truly magical!

Room Tip: We've stayed in a few different rooms now, the Hayloft was perfect for friends but for romance choose the Hideaway!
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying at Lower Barn with Janey and Mike last year. Only now getting round to sharing our experience.
OMG. Stunning, stunning, stunning.

A truly wonderful couple who have transformed this old farm building into something special - no - exceptional.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and relaxed. From their outdoor hot tub, to the foodies heavenly experience in 'The Shack', there was nothing they wouldn't nor couldn't do for us. Our room, bright, spotlessly clean and it just made us smile from the moment we turned the key in the door. Quality linen, bathroom, fixtures & fittings wherever we looked.

Breakfast was fresh, beautifully cooked and plentiful.

Remote enough to be blissfully private and close enough to Mevigissey for all the wonders of true Cornwall.

If you're lucky enough to ever book here, make sure you take Janey up on the offer of dining in "The Shack". By far, the most amazing experience in any b&b we have ever come across. Loved it.

Can't wait to go back there!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at Lower Barn with my sister in law and a group of her friends for her 30th birthday. We stayed in the Hayloft which was absolutely beautiful and lovely and clean. The bed was huge and sooooo comfy. We had a meal in the shack which was out of this world and breakfast was equally delicious. Janie and Mike made us feel really welcome and were really really lovely. The hot tub was amazing!! We hope to stay again for a romantic break as it is such a romantic place. Lower Barn is stunningly decorated...... Janie, please come and help me decorate our house...

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have just returned from this wonderful haven of relaxation with a group of friends. The room was beautiful and the beds were so comfortable- we stayed in the hayloft which can sleep four. We all had a treatment, mine was an indian head massage - wow it was out of this world.

However, the best part of our stay was the meal in the 'Shack'. The food was to an amazingly high standard but the room it self was gorgeous. The open fire and candles made the room look magical - the hot water bottles kept us toasty. After the delicious pudding, we headed to the hot tub.

Best guest house in Cornwall!!!!

Room Tip: The hayloft is great for a group but the Hideaway room was stunning.