“Perfect location and setting”

and 1 more site!
Lower Barns Boutique B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Saint Ewe B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect location and setting”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

So close to The Lost Garden of Heligan, Bosue vineyard and Mevagissey. Janie, Mike and their family are the most friendly, helpful and welcoming hosts. The Garden room is beautifully decorated and has the best cotton sheets etc. I can't believe all those colours go together but they do. Thanks also for the excellent evening meal - just remember to book it in advance. Everything was better than I expected and I was expecting a treasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Janie C, Owner at Lower Barns Boutique B&B, responded to this review, 21 January 2015
Sorry its taken me so long to thank you for taking the time to write about us. Hope all is well in your world. Hope to see you guys again. Happy days for 2015 Janie Mike x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you are travelling to cornwall and this area, look no further than Lower Barns, you won't regret it!
I can't stop raving about Lower Barns to anyone and everyone since leaving yesterday. What an absolute gem. We stayed here for 4 nights on our honeymoon and considering we were thinking about travelling abroad i can say i am so happy that we didnt. You will struggle to find anywhere as classy and quirky as this for the prices they charge anywhere on the continent let alone in the rest of the UK. Each and every little detail has been thought of down to the doors and their handles. Janie and Mike are absolutely lovely and greeted us with a smile and a slice of homemade cake taking us on our way to our little piece of heaven in cornwall which was the room 'Cranny'. A beautifully decorated self sufficient one bedroom apartment pretty much, all it was missing was an oven which would have made it totally self sufficient - This isn't something that was missed at all. The bedroom was just lovely and no expense has been spared on providing a really comfortable mattress, pillows and linen. The bathroom was equally exquisite and chic, a flowing freestanding bath and a separate shower, it is just beautifully crafted from top to bottom. Added to all this, a lovely private isolated patio and the use of a hot tub, this is the place that keeps on giving.
When staying in Cranny we had the added luxury of having breakfast brought to us in the morning with a great variety of foods on the menu, all cooked to perfection. Sadly we didn't have enough time to eat here for dinner, but would like to say we will be back and will try it then.
I can't thank Janie and Mike enough for letting us stay in their little piece of heaven in Cornwall!

Room Tip: We stayed in Cranny, great for a really private experience.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

What an amazing place Lower Barne is!! This is our second visit and will not be our last. It's been a few years since our last stay, which we loved then, and things have only got better. The Nook and Cranny were not built then...it was a treat to get the Nook on a last minute booking.....This is not just a room....it's a mini villa :0 Janie and Mike have thought of everything!
The interior design of the lounge, bedroom and bathroom are seriously cool, unique and fun. Beautiful crisp linen and soft furnishings to die for covered the huge bed, which was pure comfort. The bathroom, well what can I say, stunning colours, the fattest towels, and biggest free standing bath...more joy! Thick fluffy dressing gowns to wrap around us after the hot tub! Loved the Olive Tree shampoos and conditioner as well as the sanctuary cream and salt scrubs.
Arriving on such a hot day I was annoyed we had forgotten to buy ice for our drinks, I opened the fab funky Orange Smeg fridge freezer and there was a bag of ice sitting there.. Joy! Inside the fridge I was delighted with the complimentary chocolates, yoghurt, fresh berries, orange juice, fresh milk, butter in the cutest little butter dish I've ever seen. It got better as I wondered into the beautiful kitchen...stylish items adorn the walls and shelves then I discovered the fresh walnut bread in a beautiful linen bag reading "Bread", what a great idea.
You've guessed I like the fine detail, marmalade, jam, honey, green and black cocoa, good coffee and tea, cereals etc and a delicious cooked breakfast brought to our door...thank-you Mike.
We sat outside in our private court yard with it's very own sculptures and watched the Cornish sun go down PERFECT....can wait to go back :))) Such a pleasurable experience done with much thought......Thank-you Janie and Mike see you soon for sure!!

Room Tip: Nook and Cranny.... more self-contained for privacy
Cardiff
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My partner and I wanted to get away for a few days, and mum had previously stayed at lower barns, and highly recommended it! There are no words to describe how beautiful this place is. We stayed in the Nook, for two nights, which was beautifully decorated, and very clean. The slipper bath, was my favourite part! Janie and Mike were very friendly, and even bought breakfast to us, both mornings, which was gorgeous. Our stay here was perfect- and we will definitley be returning! Ten out of ten!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Katierbloom
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Amazing! Inspiring! Magical...as well as relaxing and very peaceful! The perfect holiday hide away!

We stayed in the Hayloft - a wonderful large, colourful room with en suite wet room with everything that we could possibly need provided - toiletries, hairdryer, gorgeous towels and more. The girls (11 & 12) had their own colourful room above us with their own wet room. They absolutely loved it! It gave them a degree of independence. They could explore the gardens or relax in the hot tub. We could either join them or just sit and read in the sun - bliss!

I've never seen the girls eat so much for breakfast, which is testament to the fact that it is delicious. We had dinner in The Shack, which was also delicious and just such a lovely experience.

Janie and Mike are wonderful hosts and have created a slice of heaven.

We will most certainly be returning!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim S
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We've just returned from an amazing stay at Lower Barn!! It's the nicest place I've ever stayed and I already can't wait to return! We stayed in The Cranny, this room was highly recommended by a friend and it did not disappoint. You walk into your own private walled garden, then into the main entrance which gives you a small kitchen area with small seating area next to this around a log fire (not needed in summer) There is a big smeg fridge which came stocked with milk, juice, water, fruit, chocolate, jam etc and there was fresh bread on the side along with lots of different types of tea, coffee and hot chocolate. There is lots of little things that you might find of use around also (extra plates, glasses, cheese grater etc).
Then you walk through double doors into the main living area which has the wow factor. In front of you is a sofa and coffee table with a large flat screen tv and dvd opposite, then next to that is a massive four poster bed which is quite possibly the comfiest bed I have ever slept in, all the little touches like the quality of the mattress and the bedding are wonderful! All the decor is quirky and fun, so many things that I wouldn't choose myself yet all work together somehow into something I want to take home for myself. There is a dressing table with useful things on (hair dryer, tissues etc) and a wardrobe with hangers. There are double doors in this room which open out to your private garden.
Off the bedroom is more double doors into the huge bathroom which was just so lovely. A massive bath, shower, again amazing decor with lots of lovely soft towels and dressing gowns. Lots of bath and shower toiletries to use. The only thing to bear in mind here is that with the door being the way it is you will want to know the person you are staying with very well to feel comfortable going to the toilet :) but with the size of the place it wasn't an issue for us.
The breakfast is brought to your room every morning which is great as it means don't have to socialise with other guests if you're not a morning person like me, it also means if it's sunny like it was for us you can eat in your own garden.
Amazing friendly hosts top it off who have thought of everything, even packed loads of info into your room on the surrounding area, things to do etc. I have stayed here once before for a friends birthday, just for one night and we had dinner then and it was absolutely lovely so can't recommend the food enough! I'd have loved to have eaten dinner here again but we didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted but will be back! Can't wait!

Room Tip: I've not stayed in all the rooms yet but have seen a few and honestly don't think you'd...
2 Thank Caroline A
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This is a special place. My husband and I stayed here for a short break. Janie and Mike made us feel so welcome and looked after us so well, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are immaculate and Janie has a special talent in making each room unique. Will definitely go back and would recommend Lower Barn to anybody. Thank you so much for a wonderful time shame we couldn't stay longer.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Fowey
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 4 in Truro

Been to Lower Barns Boutique B&B? Share your experiences!