Alexandros Hotel
Niriedes Hotel(Platis Gialos)
US$108
US$104
  • Breakfast included
Petali Village Hotel(Apollonia)(Great Value!)
US$186
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Philoxenia(Platis Gialos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfreshly squeezed orange juiceconvenient locationother parts of the islandlovely pool areaexcellent breakfastbreadexcellent hotelmin walksandy beachcakesgreecebalconysifnosseatoppingsstepsseptember
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2013

In early September of 2012 we had our wedding in Sifnos and chose Aleksandros as the place to stay but also recommend it to all our families / friends attending the weeding. We had around 60-70 people (relatives & friends from Greece and Spain) coming and staying over for a period of up to 8 days. All of them left Sifnos with a feeling of gratitude and delight due to the great service and treatment received at Aleksandros hotel. The location is great (beautiful place & only 2 minute wall to the beach of Pt. Gialos), very clean rooms in very good conditions (most of them new), excellent breakfast and last but not least the friendliness but also professionalism with which all the staff treated us. Definitely recommended to all, either for family or couples. From the bottom of our hearts, a very big thank you to the Vlaxogeorgaki family (and especially to Mrs Efi and Alexandros) for making these very important days of lives, even more special. Anastasios K & Maria L

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband and I had our wedding in Chrysopigi, and brought our entire wedding party of 25 people to the Alexandros Hotel in Platys Yialos. It's a family-owned and managed hotel with beautiful grounds. The service is warm and friendly - we never wanted for anything. The pool/ lounge area with the bar overlooking the bay of Platys Yialos was a perfect place to relax and spend time with our family and friends. I highly recommend this hotel - top notch in every way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kirstenbradford
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at this hotel. My husband and I have stayed at so many hotels around the world as our work entails a lot of travelling. I can honestly say we have never received such outstanding hospitality and kindness that the owners of this hotel provide. From the moment we arrived late in the evening,  when they took us personally to our room,  (the hotel is set in landscaped grounds, set on side of a hill, so they took us first in their car to their second, lower car park) carrying our extremely heavy baggage - until the moment we left, we received the sort of welcome normally you might get from close friends or family.  We stayed at the Alexandros for just over a week at the end of September, which is at the very end of the season.  Yet there was no element of "tourist fatigue" to be seen, in fact, quite the opposite.  We were treated like old friends, not guests.... there are numerous examples I could give. For instance, the first day, we were so exhausted we decided to relax by their pool (absolutely gorgeous saltwater-pool, clear, clean and fairly large - exactly like the photo!)... we ordered coffees, and Elena, Alexandros' partner, brought us a delicious slice of cake she had just literally finished baking. Every morning, she would go out in their gardens and pick fruit and bring us fresh pomegranates, grapes, pears, figs etc etc. and she baked little savoury biscuits every day too.  They were so friendly and nice; nothing was too much trouble for them. We were also invited to socialise with them, and we had a great evening! We were introduced to all the local Sifniot  food which  is completely delicious - Sifnos is well-known for its great food.
The hotel is beautifully designed, our room was large and comfortable.  My husband and I disagreed about the mattress... he found it too hard, but by putting the provided eiderdown on top of it, he was then able to be comfortable. Whereas I found it very supportive as I have a bad back, so I preferred it to a softer type. We only used the a/c for a little bit in the evening to cool down the room, and it worked very quickly getting it to a cool temperature within 20 minutes or so. We did not see one mosquito, so we left the a/c off most if the time... the windows all have shutters. The bathroom was big and had a super shower (detachable type) with strong water force and immediate hot water - fantastic! We had beautiful views from our room and balcony area over the bay (the beach is a short walk away down a fairly steep path).  The grounds in which the hotel is set are lovely with stunning flowers and shrubs everywhere.  It is set on a steep hill, so there are lots of little steps everywhere, something to bear in mind if you have any mobility problems.  By the swimming pool is a sublime chill-out area with comfy sofas and a very attractive, well-stocked pool bar.  They also have outside table tennis and pool table, and behind the pool is a sweet children's play area with play equipment suitable for under-10's. (This hotel and island would be suitable for young children, as the beaches have in general very shallow sea at the shoreline).  In all, if you are looking for a high-end hotel experience with dedicated staff who treat their guests like old friends, The Alexandros will not disappoint. We recommend this hotel 110%.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking swimming pool/sea to have beautiful view from your balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kimski44
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My now wife and I had our entire wedding party out there. The owners took great care of us and everyone loved it. The breakfasts were great. The pool excellent. The location was great. The rooms had what you needed. The town was perfect for what 25 people from LA were looking for. The owner's son makes some awesome drinks. They let us use the honor system on drinks at the pool bar when staff wasn't available. Just a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

The owners made me feel so nice and comfortable and I will not forget their hospitality and the high quality breakfast every morning. I would like to come back there for vacations with my family. This place in a simple way make you relax and feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business