“Great food and service near Snetterton motor race circuit”
Review of Breckland Lodge

Breckland Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Attleborough
Reviewed 25 July 2011

A group of us stayed here for the Mazda Racing at Snetterton. I had a twin bedded room with shower/toilet/sink. Good simple quality and a good shower etc with high pressure hot water! Note that the walls are thin and you could be woken by other peoples coming and going, use of taps and shower etc.
We ate in the bar because the restaurant was full - probably because the food was excellent!
Friendly helpful staff and a great english breakfast (for £5.65) rounded off a comfortable stay.
Overall pricing was about right and the great food makes it the first choice for Snetterton.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank StevoRocket
There are newer reviews for Breckland Lodge

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Would strongly recommend this Hotel for its Fantastic Rooms, Helpful Staff and Delightful Resturant & Bar, Best nights sleep I have ever had in a Hotel, the Staff are very Helpful and cannot do enough for you.
The Menu has something to suit all taste buds and is Excellent value for money, Well presented and perfectly cooked. They have also extended with another 11 Rooms.
I Would Return again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SueBaxter06
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The family room was huge - the kids had a proper sofa bed not silly camp beds, clean, fresh towels daily, and even tho extension work is going on there was no noise jn room

Bar staff were very friendly and efficient, food was served quickly and portions great!

Staff attentive and helpful throughout our 4 night stay, ideally situated for Norwich town and would definitely recommend to everyone !

Room Tip: Family room was bright and spacious
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillyanni
Reviewed 30 June 2011

friendly welcome, excellent service, good quality and great value meals for all the family.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The staff were friendly & welcoming upon arrival.

We had a one night stay at the Breckland Lodge Hotel - they are in the process of updating the hotel and the rooms looked good on the web site. The room was clean but very small, the bed springs made a terrible noise when my husband got in & out (he is not heavy!)

The most annoying thing was a washing machine that a member of staff turned on just after 10.30 at night - we spent 10 mins trying to work out what the noise was before ringing reception. They did arrange for it to be turned off - but sadly the operator was so keen they turned it on again @ 06.45am!

We did eat in the Hotel - the food was of a reasonable standard but probably a little over priced. The room was £57.95 (not inc breakfast) but if you want a good nights sleep it is not good value! - Would we stay there again - no.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chapmanberkshire
Reviewed 11 November 2010

This is the first negative review I have left for a hotel , I wouldn't normally feel strongly enough to do so!
The rooms are Tiny and the walls are paper thin! You can hear people using toilet in next room !
Not very clean.
Uncomfortable bed.
Broken facilities.
Poor Poor service!
I will never stay there again!

We often attend Snetterton race circuit anddecided to book The Breckland Lodge after discovering that our normal hotel was fully booked.
We arrived to a friendly welcome and decided to just drop our stuff off in the room and head straight for the bar and restaurant.
As we sat at our table for dinner I was unable to put the menu down , not because there was a huge choice but because it was sticky and smeared with food/drink residue. I decided to ignore this and order , the food was of reasonable quality (my pigeon and steak both over cooked) but I must say rather over priced , we were having a reasonable night until a Fight broke out and all the staff felt the need to attend , stranding the customers without any service at all! I got the impression that the younger members of staff knew the protagonists as they insisted on having a prolonged conversation about it whilst eventually serving us.
We decided on reflection to retire to our room and retire to bed as we had an early start.
We both had a poor nights sleep part due to the uncomfortable bed part due to the very busy A11 being 40 yards away.
On waking I spent 5 minutes trying to get the shower to work , the isolation switch pull cord was broken and only a couple of threads were there to try and pull , the bathroom towel rail / heater did not work , when I eventually got the shower to work I discovered there were no toiletries whatsoever so was unable to shower anyway. We had to sign on at Snetterton Circuit at 7am so had to be up and out so didnt have time to contact reception and wait for toiletries to be delivered to our room.
There was also about 12 sheets of toilet paper with no spare roll! !
I reported the problems when checking out and asked the clerk to let the Manager know , he didn't contact me so I emailed him later that week , he replied and basically blamed me for not contacting the reception to ask for toiletries and toilet roll.
Do yourself a big favour and book somewhere else , The Angel and Mulberry Tree are both Excellent

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarkFinnUK
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night 17 October. It is very easy to find and check in was swift. The room, a single, was small and sparsely furnished. There was very little space in the bathroom to put things, which was fine for an overnight stay, but I'm sure would be very annoying if one had to stay there more than one night. The hotel is right next to the A11 and wasn't as noisy as I expected, but if I had kept the window open, I sure it would have been a lot worse. There was no chair in the bedroom so one has to lie on the bed to watch the flatscreen TV (with Freeview). The hotel is part of a large pub and I had supper and breakfast there (both extra). The service in the restaurant was good. The breakfast is very good value. I couldn't get the alarm to work on the TV, so I set the clock alarm in the room. It didn't ring, that will teach me to either use the mobile or book an early morning call with reception in future!
I slept quite well, though the duvet did seem to make me very hot. There is free wifi in the hotel and my iPad picked it up, but then wouldn't connect to the internet. I checked as soon as I got home and it connected immediately, so I guess it was something to do with their system. If I ever have to stay in this neck of the woods again, I may well stay here, but the Holiday Inn in Norwich (18 miles up the road), was charging less with breakfast included, if one booked 3 days before arrival.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Attleborough
Park Farm Hotel
The Thomas Paine Hotel
#2 of 7 in Thetford
Travelodge Norwich Cringleford
Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Breckland Lodge? Share your experiences!