“Very nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Attleborough
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We tried to book a premier double room for 3 nights stay but could only book the double for the Sunday and Monday nights and had to stay in a standard twin room for the Saturday night. I would not recommend staying in the standard twin room as it was quite small, didn't have air conditioning and stank of stale smoke. We then moved to the premier double room for the next 2 nights and it was absolutely lovely. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I would recommend a stay in the premier double but wouldn't recommend a stay in the standard twin.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard twin, book the premier double
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our one night stay at the Breckland started with a wonderful receptionish who was all smiles as we collected our distillery tour tickets and again when we returned to bookin. The room was neat tidy and the bed very comfortable. The staff in the carvery were lovely very welcoming and pleasent but did see the one who was described as 'snooty' by another contributer, luckly the youngman and girl who delt with us was very pleasent.
Would go again any time, best price is with one of their deals.

Room Tip: Choose a nights stay including distillery excellant value or nights stay and calvery best value
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose this restaurant for a family meal to celebrate our first wedding anniversary so this was quite an important evening for us so after we'd had lots of lovely meals here previously we thought it was the perfect place - we were wrong!! We had a snotty waitress show us to a table for 4 when we had a party of 10! When we eventually sat down at our table and all of our party had arrived we had to wait 1hour 10 mins for 1 starter to be bought out for someone who was having a carvery so didn't need to wait for their food to be bought out. After waiting another 30 mins for our mains which had still not arrived, I asked a waitress to bring them out, she replied with 'I'll get the kitchen to start them for you now'!!! So we waited another 30 mins for main courses to arrive to the table only to find that my mother-in-laws meal was wrong & my best friends meal was under cooked! We were offered a free round of drinks which we accepted but we're not happy with so I politely asked the General Manager if it would be possible to have free desserts for our trouble....he said we couldn't have free desserts as he'd already arranged the free round of drinks but 'might' be able to arrange a discount on desserts so I accepted this unhappily. He then stopped me as I was walking outside to find my nephew and said 'you've got a choice, you can either have £25 off the bill or free desserts' why wasn't this offered to me 10 mins earlier?! I chose the free desserts which I have to say were delicious but this did not make up for completely ruining our first anniversary! I then sent an email of complaint which has taken 10 days to acknowledge its existence which is disgusting in itself but has not as yet been responded to as the owner of the business is on holiday!! Utterly disgraceful! I realise everyone is entitled to a holiday but they should have arranged some sort of cover for whilst he is away surely?!..... My family and friends who came to our meal were so disappointed as this was their first experience of this restaurant and they've already said they will never go back as it was such shocking service. Such a shame that no one seemed to be bothered that they'd ruined our night and couldn't be bothered to reply to our complaint - I'm utterly disgusted! NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Ann Summers N
Essex In The UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Had a carvery one Saturday for my sisters birthday, and wow so much better than what you get in chain carveries. If it wasn't so far away from where I live I would come down every Sunday! Everything was spot on, from the crunchy roasties and yorkies, perfectly cooked veg or the juicy tender meats.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We'd been to Snetterton for the day and wanted Sunday lunch so chose the Stag as it is only five minutes away. The restaurant was full so we went on the bar, which was also fill when we got there but we got a table within five minutes. All four of us decided to have the carvery and what a good choice it was! There were three roasts to choose from and plenty of choice of vegetables, different from the usual range and it was all hot and fresh. We liked it so much we asked if we could look at a room and will be going back next year to stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Heath and Reach, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely clean rooms, everything one needs (except I would have liked a small fridge, but that's a personal thing). Air conditioning was a must as room was overly warm. Restaurant was a huge disappointment. I have now visited the restaurant 3 times and it doesn't get any better. The staff, although pleasant were not professional enough and looked like school girls hanging around the reception gossiping. A colleague ordered two drinks saying he does this as it's too long to wait to order the next. He was proved right. The food from the menu and carvery were okay, but starters and desserts were awful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Attleborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is right next to the A11 just outside Attleborough and a couple of miles away from the Snetterton circuit and about 30 minutes away from Norwich. There is ample car parking. There is a great choice of food from the main restaurant to a coffee lounge and bistro. We had a standard double at £65 a night which we thought was good value. The bathroom is medium size and well equipped with bath and modern shower above. The room is not huge but has tea and coffee facilities, flat screen TV together with a comfortable bed. Only downside, you can sometimes hear noise from neighbouring rooms but this was minor. Nearly forgot to mention all staff whether in reception or the restaurant were very pleasant and helpful. This was our second visit but we will be returning in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Attleborough
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Saham Toney
Barnham Broom
Barnham Broom
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom

Been to Breckland Lodge? Share your experiences!