“Nice accomodation in Norfolk”
Review of Breckland Lodge

and 1 more site!
Breckland Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Attleborough
Peregian Beach, Australia
“Nice accomodation in Norfolk”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Top accommodation just outside Norwich. Superb sized rooms with a huge bathroom. They have not long refurbished the rooms and it is all looking still new. Easy check-in and plenty of car parking. Rooms have everything you need or require .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stefan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Gorinchem
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stay here now several times during business trips.

Not a bad lodge. Nice small rooms with good beds, water kettle etc. Always nice to make your own cup of thee or koffie.

Terrible connection on my cellphone, wifi is not working well or is very slow.

Restaurant is not my choice, the food is more the less typical English which is not my thing.

There is a great pub and restaurant 200 meters from the Breckland lodge where that have great food.Go to the White Lodge for a good beer a glass of wine and great food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a double room which was fine, it had all of the basics required for an over night stay. In the rooms there were toiletries, hair dryer and brew facilities. The only down side was the beds are uncomfortable and the walls are paper thin so you can hear people using their toilet in the middle of the night. The house keeping was also a "lacking" in some places. One of the cups were dirty from the previous occupants drink and had just been turned up side down, just some basics of cleanliness especially in the bathroom was missing, which is why I only gave it an average.

The staff are helpful, I was unable to connect to the wifi and on calling reception, the manager came to my room to show me how to connect to their free wifi. I ate in the restaurant and had the carvery, again I found the staff helpful and the food delicious. I was so full after having the carvery, the staff plated up my pudding so I was able to take it back to my room to eat at my own leisure. The breakfast was okay and bit of a let down after the delicious food served in the evening.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have torn feelings about this place. I stayed for one night in a double room which was very comfortable. However, the rooms are opposite the pub and beer garden so I found the room to be very noisy until around 11pm. The wifi operates through 'The Cloud' and is fine if you already have an account, but if you don't you have to mess about registering.

Food in the bistro was very nice and well priced. Breakfast was so so. Most of the breakfast food was ok, but the black pudding (extra 85p!) was quite poor.

I was convinced that my booking with booking.com included breakfast, but apparently not. This wasn't pointed out until I'd actually eaten breakfast.

In summary, nice place and lots of good reasons to choose here, but also a few failings.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We tried to book a premier double room for 3 nights stay but could only book the double for the Sunday and Monday nights and had to stay in a standard twin room for the Saturday night. I would not recommend staying in the standard twin room as it was quite small, didn't have air conditioning and stank of stale smoke. We then moved to the premier double room for the next 2 nights and it was absolutely lovely. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I would recommend a stay in the premier double but wouldn't recommend a stay in the standard twin.

Room Tip: Don't book a standard twin, book the premier double
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our one night stay at the Breckland started with a wonderful receptionish who was all smiles as we collected our distillery tour tickets and again when we returned to bookin. The room was neat tidy and the bed very comfortable. The staff in the carvery were lovely very welcoming and pleasent but did see the one who was described as 'snooty' by another contributer, luckly the youngman and girl who delt with us was very pleasent.
Would go again any time, best price is with one of their deals.

Room Tip: Choose a nights stay including distillery excellant value or nights stay and calvery best value
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose this restaurant for a family meal to celebrate our first wedding anniversary so this was quite an important evening for us so after we'd had lots of lovely meals here previously we thought it was the perfect place - we were wrong!! We had a snotty waitress show us to a table for 4 when we had a party of 10! When we eventually sat down at our table and all of our party had arrived we had to wait 1hour 10 mins for 1 starter to be bought out for someone who was having a carvery so didn't need to wait for their food to be bought out. After waiting another 30 mins for our mains which had still not arrived, I asked a waitress to bring them out, she replied with 'I'll get the kitchen to start them for you now'!!! So we waited another 30 mins for main courses to arrive to the table only to find that my mother-in-laws meal was wrong & my best friends meal was under cooked! We were offered a free round of drinks which we accepted but we're not happy with so I politely asked the General Manager if it would be possible to have free desserts for our trouble....he said we couldn't have free desserts as he'd already arranged the free round of drinks but 'might' be able to arrange a discount on desserts so I accepted this unhappily. He then stopped me as I was walking outside to find my nephew and said 'you've got a choice, you can either have £25 off the bill or free desserts' why wasn't this offered to me 10 mins earlier?! I chose the free desserts which I have to say were delicious but this did not make up for completely ruining our first anniversary! I then sent an email of complaint which has taken 10 days to acknowledge its existence which is disgusting in itself but has not as yet been responded to as the owner of the business is on holiday!! Utterly disgraceful! I realise everyone is entitled to a holiday but they should have arranged some sort of cover for whilst he is away surely?!..... My family and friends who came to our meal were so disappointed as this was their first experience of this restaurant and they've already said they will never go back as it was such shocking service. Such a shame that no one seemed to be bothered that they'd ruined our night and couldn't be bothered to reply to our complaint - I'm utterly disgusted! NEVER AGAIN!

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Ann Summers N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Attleborough
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Saham Toney
Barnham Broom
Barnham Broom
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom

Been to Breckland Lodge? Share your experiences!