Admittedly the rooms were basic but at £49.95 a night you aren't going to get the Ritz are you? However, the food was a revelation. We arrived at 4pm one afternoon in January and, after dumping our gear in our rooms, we were made to feel very welcome by reception who pointed us in the direction of the bar. After a few beers we decided to eat. We opted for starters, Mussels and soup and have to say the quality and amount were excellent. Next four 10oz Rib-eyes steaks were delivered and all we could say was 'Fantastico'!! I've eaten in more expensive restaurants and had a lot, lot worse. Breakfast next morning again used high quality ingredients, not the usual cheap crap most place insist on serving. Quick, friendly service from a gorgeous waitress, i mean, what more can you ask for at half seven in the morning with a sore head?
Only gripes were digital tv reception was crap so no telly apart from 'Dave' and the 'free wi-fi' was password protected (naturally, although i didn't actually ask them for a password which was my fault) Minor grumbles though which i'm sure if i'd asked probably would have been resolved.
In summary i just have to wonder why, if a place on the A11 like the Breckland can do it, why can't everywhere in the UK do it? Thoroughly satisfied with my stay here.
All in i would definitely stay again and would recommend others to do as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place to Meet, Dine & Stay. Whether you choose to eat in The Stag, our country pub offering all day food and bar snacks, or to try our extensive Stag restaurant menu and carvery there is something to suit every budget. Our recently refurbished en suite hotel rooms have been designed to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible, offering fresh white linen, flat screen televisions, free wifi access, radio, telephone, toiletries, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities. We are also becoming the place to stop for breakfast. Our great value breakfast, using locally sourced ingredients where possible, continues to grow in reputation, bringing in locals and visitors from further afield. We also offer an outside dining experience in our parasol lined gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Breckland Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breckland Lodge Hotel And Conference Venue
- Breckland Lodge Attleborough, Norfolk