“Tea - Roses” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Briar Bistro - CLOSED

Sweet Briar Bistro
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Cafe, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Tea - Roses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Sweet Briar Bistro at Peter Beales is consistantly good. Food is obviously well-sourced and always tasty. it is served with genuine smiles and is reasonably priced. If you need a rose, other plants, seeds or just want to sit in the extensive garden and relax afterwards, this is the place.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Barry F

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Superb salads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went to the Rose Day today and had lunch in the Sweet Briar Bistro. We were not disappointed. Three of us had salads and they were delicious - lots of variety, even strawberries included on the plate along with walnuts, big chunks of Stilton, cherry tomatoes and much more. A very pleasant girl served us, checking on our wellbeing without being intrusive and with a very friendly smile. Cannot be faulted and I would recommend anyone passing to stop and sample the food. Incidentally the roses at Beales are so beautiful - definitely worth a trip.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank mcgilligan
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We decided to give this place a go and we most certainly weren't disappointed.

The atmosphere is warm and relaxed. Dress code: none. Just wear whatever you want!

The food was very good. Can't argue that.

Friendly staff, quick and efficient, and non-intrusive.

All in all, I'd say it was very nice. Give it a try, it definitely won't be a bad experience.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michael H
Paris
“So, so very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

We have been travelling around Norfolk for a few days and passed by here to see if the new rosé catalog was ready as we have ordered online before, so decided to call in and take some lunch as well, I Can tell you we were not disappointed .

There was a tremendous variety of local dishes using local food and even with my eating problems I found plenty of choice and settled for salmon and then scones with cream and jam which were wonderful. My husband had the local pork and then some homemade cake as pud and it looked lovely and fresh, with wine and coffee and water the total bill was so low we thought we had been under charged - meals 9 and 10 pounds and puds were under a fiver, this, which, in this area is excellent.

I also like the modern idea of seeing the kitchen and the food being cooked, you can see how clean the staff are and how clean the kitchen is, and this matched the rest of the restaurant

On our travels we passed several little chefs, but I can assure you it's well worth finding this bistro and the roses are quite good too!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank passmeby
“Lovely Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

Visited Sweet Briar Bistro today (13/12/12) for two of my friends birthdays we all had a 2 course meal which was £16.00 with coffee, mince pie and a cracker. My friends were very happy with their meal and I too enjoyed the meal too. Even though it’s near Christmas they still had plenty of lovely local food on the menu to choose from. The food was lovely and so was the service. It's a great meeting place to go see friends and family. I will be going back again for my birthday with my friends in January.

• Visited December 2012