“Found this place by accident”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The White Lodge

The White Lodge
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Attleborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Found this place by accident”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had been out and on our way back home decided to stop for a bite to eat, my partner went to drive in the stag car park but noticed this little pub in the distance, we decided to take a look and we where so glad we did.
The pub is so full of character and charm and has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. We stopped off there at 2pm for a late lunch. I had the peri-peri chicken and my partner had the thick cut home roasted ham, both meals were superb, excellent portion sizes for the cost and full of flavour. My chicken was cooked just the way I liked it and I don't say that very often being a chef.
The main courses were so good we had deserts as well I had hot chocolate pudding and chocolate sauce and was fantastic, my partner had the homemade rice pudding and loved every mouthful.
We live in Norwich and will most definitely going back as the menu is varied and food is top notch.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jaynorwich

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“great place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Called here for lunch and tried the new menu as it had some fish dishes. Excellent meal. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Booked upon trip advisors reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very friendly staff made us very welcome, I opted for the fish pie, which I found nice but too heavy as it had too much mash and cheddar on the top, fish content good, abit sloppy sauce but tasty.

My husband had steak and ale pie he said too much pastry for the small amount of meat, he suggests just a pie top to ensure more than three lumps of meat content. No taste of ale though.
Both dishes had delicious vegetables nicely cooked.

Overall. 7/10. Dated. 26/4/14

• Visited April 2014
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Had a jacket potato with chicken korma. Very tasty, very good service. First time I've been here in over 20 years & its still as good as I remembered

1 Thank Smudge1008
“Welcoming with good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Welcoming and attentive. Not beeb in here for years.sport tv available in one bar but not distruptive which baring in mind Norwich playing was bonus.Good choice and food very nice

1 Thank Heather T