“Dirty Cups - Dirty Floor”

Norfolk Kitchen Diner
Ranked #26 of 33 Restaurants in Attleborough
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We visited for a little shopping trip to Attleborough and thought we would go for a nice cup of tea, we went in and all seemed ok, people were in there eating.
I had a tea and my partner had a coffee, we went to sit down and the floor looked like it had not been swept for a week and the cups had a grainly dirty feel to them - like they had been washed up previously in dirty water.
Not very pleasant - we quickly finished and left. With so may coffee shops in Attleborough I would recommend finding another.

1  Thank Fi-Si-holidaymad

Reviewed 17 October 2012

My wife and I decided to stop in Attleborough to stretch the legs and grab some lunch, after a little walk around the High Street we saw the Kitchen Diner which looked fairly busy, good sign in my book, if the locals eat here it must be worth a visit.

After a quick look at the menu and specials board, my wife and I went for the Chicken Pie and trimmings, very tasty basic Cafe food, very good value for money. Food was served quickly and hot, good portion size.

The staff were very good and helpful, made us very welcome.

Great place for a quick bite!!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

This is an unpretentious daytime café which provides good, wholesome English food served promptly from early morning until about 5 p.m. It is clean and the staff are cheerful and helpful. As this is not an affluent part of the Kingdom, it is important for many local people that it provides excellent value for money. In good weather customers can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine. As for the criticism that its customers are mostly workmen and pensioners, that's true - so what ? There's usually a group of regular 'locals', who are always ready to chat to visitors and give advice about the area and more …....

There are 'sister' establishments in nearby Thetford and Wymondham. I have never been to the latter, but the one in Thetford has many of the good features of the Attleborough branch.

The success of these cafés is undoubtedly down to their good management and staff. Attleborough would be much the poorer without its “Norfolk Kitchen Diner”.

2  Thank Norfolkian32
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Cheap and cheerfull food that sometimes helps an hangover although Mcd's take's top spot for that!

1  Thank ClaytsSupreme
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Good Grub without frills. Comfortable, affordable. Parking nearby in Lidl.

1  Thank BCAandJMA