“Worth a visit.”

Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Attleborough
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: American, British, Diner
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a newly opened American Style Restaurant on the A11 just outside Attleborough in Norfolk. We serve breakfast from 7.30 - 11 during the week and then serve from our main menu until late. At weekends we open at 8 for breakfast.We keep the atmosphere as vibrant as we can with our Wurlizter Jukebox and authentic diner seating. We have an extremely experienced kitchen team and management team which are complimented greatly by our youthful energetic front of house team. We have a fully licensed bar which serves a full range of bottled beers, wines, spirits and cocktails. If you are coming to Mr D's at the weekend its always advisable to give us a call to reserve your table to avoid disappointment.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I visited Mr D's with my family as I had heard really great things about it.

Although Mr D's didn't quite live up to the words of my friends', it was a well portioned meal which tasted great. I'll list the positive things first...

For my meal, I had the 'California burger'. For £10.49 it comes with Monterey Jack cheese and two side orders of your choice (decent amount of choice). I asked if some barbecue sauce could be added to the burger and I got it for no extra charge.

To drink, I had a banana milkshake. It was a fantastic thick milkshake for only £2.60, which is quite reasonable compared to other places for a similar beverage. My sister had the 'milkshake of the month' which was a '99' milkshake. Basically a 99 ice cream, with cone, blended into a shake adorned with whipped cream and a Cadbury's flake. That was truly delicious.

The staff were very friendly but not overbearing, which is refreshing!

Now for the negatives...

The side salad needs revising, it was just a small lettuce leaf with oddly chopped onions and tomatoes and a slice of dill pickle... The burger bun needs changing in my view, it was a bit too dry and fell apart too easily... Mr D's needs corn on the cob holders! My mother had to make do with cocktail sticks instead. If you're selling corn on the cob, you need cob holders!

Overall, it was a good dinner, with some great restaurant features like a free jukebox and a Harley Davidson by the doors, and we'd definitely visit again if we were passing. However, as we live in Norwich, we can't really justify the journey to Attleborough just to go out for dinner. This is a massive shame because I think with a few small tweaks here and there, Mr D's could be an amazing place to eat.

I felt a bit bad writing the negatives as the service was really friendly and there was technically very little that was wrong, just the cob holders really...

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank CiaranDUK

Halstead
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value - would come again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and myself were coming home from our holiday and we're looking for somewhere to stop for breakfast. This place really fitted the bill - the food was excellent and cooked exactly how we like it. We had to wait a while for it but then we noticed there were some quite large parties already there waiting for their food. But even so, the wait was worth it.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Van1958goff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Been a couple of times and have yet to be disappointed :-)

The food selection is good and the servings plentiful. The steaks were cooked to perfection...no mean feet as one wanted medium rare, one well done, and I am
very fussy with steak as I like it blue.

The staff are friendly and more than willing to accommodate fussy eaters. In my opinion if you leave hungry it is your fault and not theirs, with the possible exception of vegans.

Visited July 2014
Thank Linx .
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Good food & friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Called in here on the way home to Bucks a couple weeks ago. Wanted breakfast but unfortunately we were 15 minutes too late - fair enough. Instead we had lunch - menu was reasonably varied for a "diner" and the food was good. Service was prompt & friendly. This is the second time we have eaten here & both meals were good - will definitely return.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Kevin H
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I never been to this restaurant before but had heard good things about it so my expectations were high right from the start!! The restaurant itself is based on an American theme and is immaculately clean and everything is in good order. I ordered a drink and as they didn't have my usual the lady recommended one for me and said if I didn't like it let her know and she would change it. As we all know we never do say anything as we know if we do it's usually more hassle than it's worth but on this occasion the lady couldn't be more obliging when I told her I really didn't like it, she was more than happy to change it and gave me two bottles to replace my one as it was more expensive which was really honest of her. The food was gorgeous!! The choices are abundant and cater for everyone including kiddie meals too. It was served to us promptly and hot, I can honestly say I couldn't fault it at all. The portion sizes are very generous and you certainly do get your monies worth. The price of meals are very good and affordable, no over pricing at all. My only flaw would be the air con is very effective and can leave you a little on the cold side, which wasn't a problem at all as when we mentioned that my elderly step dad was cold they turned it off immediately!! Fantastic service and I will certainly go again.

• Visited June 2014