“It is ok - They try hard”

Griffin Hotel Attleborough
and 1 more site!
Griffin Hotel Attleborough
Ranked #5 of 7 Attleborough B&B and Inns
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“It is ok - They try hard”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I only stayed one night whilst on business in Norfolk but it was ok. The room was spacious, overlooking the church and gardens. I used the restaurant, although actually ate in the bar to watch a world cup match, and it was fine. They do try hard to please.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here whilst attending a Snetterton race. Great location in the middle of the village which has a lot to offer. We didn't eat in the pub purely as there were too many other choices within walking distance. However the breakfast was lovely so I can only assume the evening meals were equally as good. My room, a single, was a little basic, but clean and good value for money. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Moc1970
ireland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We enjoyed our accommodation at the Griffen. Our 4 poster bedroom had been recently renovated. Bedlinen was really lovely, everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was good (best scrambled egg we've had outside our own house). Dinners are above average as pub food. Thoroughly enjoyed our choices. Small amount of off road parking. Suspect at busy times Parking is on street. Old (listed?)building so bed rooms may be small by some standards but we liked it. Walls are a wee bit thin, but again, old building plenty of character msde up for that for us. Located right in the middle of town on a one way system, this is well placed accommodation for a night or two.

• Stayed March 2014
Attleborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We didn't stay here but ate here after moving house and were too tired to do anything. The locals were friendly and the food wonderful. I recommmend the steaks, mansize eating, absolutely delicious, sourced locally. All the food on the menu is good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
East Anglia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a reasonable pub accommodation, with a few tweaks it could be a very good pub accommodation.
My single room was small, but with a very large window overlooking the charming churchyard, so it did not feel claustrophobic. The bed was comfortable, but had no mattress protector, and the elderly duvet- cover had splits at the sides. There was no headboard so the pillows slipped off the back of the bed, against the radiator. The bathroom had a shower and was very clean, as was the bedroom,but the plug on the basin did not work and the soap holder in the shower was broken.
Breakfast was in a pleasant room next to the bar and was very good, egg and bacon freshly made to order and excellent toast from real bread not pre sliced.
My welcome was friendly, all the staff were agreeable and made me feel at home. This listed building, full of character, has a narrow entrance straight onto a busy shopping street and only parking room for 4/5 cars. Arriving late evening I was dismayed at having to back out and search for a street parking place, but the proprietor kindly did so instead, for which I was extremely grateful.
I would stay here again if I were in the area, mentioned the little things because they would not take much trouble to ajust. The town is delightful, lovely church, lots of independant shops, but no tourist resort.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I needed a hotel close to the Snetterton circuit so that I could get there nice and early on a Monday morning. The place I usually stay was not available so I picked this place, mainly on price but also because it is a short distance from the circuit.

The staff were friendly, the room was fairly basic but it had everything I needed and it all worked. I had a good night's sleep and the breakfast menu included grapefruit which I felt was a real bonus as I like to eat fruit but avoid hotel jugs of "fruit juice".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Just a chance stop over lead us to stay for dinner at this hotel.

From the outset, everyone was very pleasant and suggested we move from a colder, noisier part of the hotel into the dining area.

The food was much better than your average Hotel and nothing was a problem.

The owner was ever present, for me a positive, and the whole night was lovely.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Attleborough
Breckland Lodge
#3 of 7 in Attleborough
No photo provided
Old Field Barn
#4 of 7 in Attleborough

Been to Griffin Hotel Attleborough? Share your experiences!