“Lovely food”

The Crown Great Ellingham nr171le
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Attleborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Following a recent refurb we thought we would eat here for a change. Very good food, great choice of wine. Would certainly recommend

Visited July 2014

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Everything is great about this new restaurant . Great wine , great food..lovely decor spacious and well designed. Attentive staff. Super south facing outside area. What's not to like?
Looking forward to trying it out again.

• Visited July 2014
“Birthday Surprise !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I had heard good things about the recent opening of the new crown. I booked a table for eight to have dinner to celebrate my daughters eighteenth birthday.
What a brilliant evening we had ! We had grandmother through generations to sixteen year old and the crown pleased them all. Everything was absolutely perfect !
Great food,great wine and service.
Well done The Crown. I want to keep you a secret for close friends but credit where credits due ... Readers, go to the Crown, you will be impressed !

1 Thank Neilpimpernel57
London, United Kingdom
“Familiar local Pub reopens with a really creative & exciting menu ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I always look forward to revisiting a newly refurbed "familiar local pub" to experience someone else's interpretation of what they think people might enjoy & I wasn't disappointed. I thought the menu was creative, exciting and interesting something for everyone. The food was first class & beautifully presented with delicious flavours. I had the scrummiest starter of short sticky beef rib (sliced meal only) with radish & my friend had a pork croquetas; Plaice on the bone with samphire (prefer mine cooked until soft this wasn't cooked enough for me personally) - haven't seen Plaice on any menu for a while & my friend had a stunning piece of Hake, then we shared the most delightful prettiest Panna Cotta with a mango smooth puree? topping, coconut shortbread biscuits & coconut ice cream - it was heaven on a plate! Perhaps a minor criticism would be lighting just needs dimming down to create a bit more of a warmer cozier atmosphere for the evening but like all newly decorated places it takes time for it to become lived in & for the newness to wear off - it was a Monday night also. Good luck to you & I sincerely hope you get the support you deserve & I look forward to visiting again with more friends. I would certainly recommend the Crown to you all ... especially now as the Teddy Bears are up for viewing in the village ... go see the Teddy Bear trail & then have lunch or dinner as we did last night! We also popped out to the Beer Garden (not Bear - maybe your should have had a Bear Garden) on our way out which looks very pleasant too with modern wicker seating overlooking a further grassed area.

• Visited July 2014
Norwich
“New experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Sunday afternoon, newly opened and nicely presented environment. We arrived at 14:00 only two options on menu as sold out of roast, disappointing. Overtime I think the place will develop personality and ambiance, but not there yet! Lovely waitress tall and elegant, very courteous and accommodating. Would most definitely give it another go

• Visited June 2014