Loola Adventure Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Residence Bintan(Tanjung Pinang)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Cempedak Private Island(Cempedak Island)
Nikoi Island(Nikoi Island)
  • Beachfront
Wisma Pesona(Tanjung Pinang)
View Hotel
All reviewsrock climbingzip lineflying foxsea chaletsea cucumbersobstacle courseno air conwaste waterraft buildinggreat adventurelow tiderain watersea breezeoutdoor experiencelimited wifiplanned activitiesgreat place for family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent 3 days in end June'14 with my best friend in Loola. First of all, I have to say the service is brilliant. Right from the beginning while I was trying to look for available slots & emailing the staff back & forth (shoutout to Darren for being so patient with me), right till the end when the staff dropped us off at the terminal to bid us goodbye. Staff at Loola were brilliant too - helpful, kind, thoughtful, and really, really, friendly.

Accommodation: The chalets are well built, sturdy and with strategic positioning of the windows so that fans aren't even necessary even on a sunny day - it is VERY windy. It is very easy to fall asleep mid-day in your chalet because it is that comfortable. At night, you may hear some scratching in the roof, the scratchings are actually made by the bats; some people may be creeped out by it but I thought it was great, made me feel closer to Mother Nature haha. After all, Loola is an eco-resort, so living with the animals is just something you should expect and SHOULDN'T have a problem with. Sleep quality was great, I found it so difficult to wake up every morning because the sound of the clams out at lowtide sounded like it was drizzling, and the breeze was light and fresh.

Food: Home-cooked nasi padang for lunch & dinner. Generous portions. Comes with refillable rice, at least 5 dishes, and a platter of fruits. Breakfast is usually 1 main dish, with bread & a variety of spreads (chocolate spread, margarine, jam, kaya). On our 2nd last night, the staff held a campfire for us and we had barbequed food and it was delicious.

Activities: Ziplining, archery, kayaking to nearby islands, coconut climbing, tree top walk, rock climbing, crab hunting. My personal favourites are the kayaking and the tree top walk. Took amazing pictures at the nearby mangrove islands. For those who like cheap thrills, the tree top walk is great for that - you'd have to climb 7-8 metres up a coconut tree, balance yourself on a beam, and once you're halfway across the beam, you'd have to jump (with a harness of course).

Surrounding area & other things: Mosquitoes are a problem at night especially at the dining hut, so insect repellant is a must. Chalets are built on an intertidal zone so you get low tide in the morning up till about ~8-10am, and then you get high tide (knee-high). You can explore the low tide in the mornings to look for hairy crabs, sea stars, sea cucumbers, mussels, clams, etc. And at high-tide, you can go look for hermit crabs which are nearly everywhere. The waters at high tide are very safe to swim in as it's really shallow, but be careful not to venture too far out as the seabed starts to get very rocky and it's very painful if you don't have any booties on. Wifi is weak but it didn't bother me because the purpose of this holiday was to unwind, relax, and live it up with nature.

Since everything was already paid for in Singapore, my friend & I only spent a total of $50 each for a massage, and countless avocado shakes & coconut juices. Unless you want to shop in the city, then bringing about S$100 per person is more than enough.

I'd recommend everyone to visit Loola, best $270 I ever spent!

Thank you Darren, Mr. Jaya, and all Loola staff!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank charischarischaris
Reviewed 22 June 2014

3 days at the resort with the family.

The activities were just about right for everyone, could possibly add in a bit more, I believe, if requested. schedules of activities are well planned and gives enough time in between for us to soak in the cool sea breeze and do our own explorations.

Food is quite good, and well protected from the flies coming form the kitchen.

No air conditioning as mentioned, but the night air is pretty good.

Mosquitoes are a bit of a problem in the night, but lighting the mosquito coils seem to do the trick if your nose is not sensitive to the fumes. We were fine, and the mosquito nets help very much as well,

windows can be left open even if it rains, to allow the cool breeze to make the nights so much comfortable.

The sea is quite shallow and calm, and is mostly safe to swim around when the tide comes in.

Great fun for everyone as mentioned by other reviewers.

Room Tip: Get the rooms/huts built over the sea at the jetty :)
5  Thank PhekThong L
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Spent 3 days in Loola Resort - 13-15June with my family of 6, including three kids aged 11, 9 and 5. To be honest, I was hessitated whether to proceed after Darren (the reservation staff) told me over email that there is no aircon, no TV, no internet and most importantly - no water heater in the sea chalets! I was also very concerned that there will be many flies and mozzies at night since there is no aircon at night !!

However, after seeing all the good reviews about this resort online and some discussions with my family, I went ahead to book it and after a 2-hr ferry and 45-min land transfer, here we are at Loola Resort! Staffs were very friendly once we arrived; the resort is very clean and comfortable. The sea chalets are clean and neat; and the sea view is just fantastic.

Activities were just awesome. My kids enjoyed the activities a lot : coconut tree climbing, sky walk, zip line, archery, rock climing, low tide walk and fishing. Not forgetting the highlight of the trip - Boom netting where each of my kid jumped at least 10 times from 2 storey high !! My 5 yo did not join the acivities as she is too young! All Loola staffs are very friendly and encouraging !!

Meals are ok with home cook style. We also made our own Loola-style pizzas which tasted terrific. Camp fire on the 2nd night.

Overall, my family enjoyed the experience in Loola a lot. My kids are already talking about coming back soon.

Only complaint is the mozzies and flies; but Darren already warned me about it so this is not an issue at all :)

2  Thank choon jeng c
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place is just waaayyyyyy too cool... Love the food, the activities (especially zipline and boom netting)... BTW this place is worth giving up WiFi, TV and air conditioning for... Basically it is awesome... SOOOOOOO going back next year

Room Tip: The sea chalets have the best breeze, best view, best eating area and best everything else that I missed out in the "list" above
1  Thank TheCyanogenModOne
Reviewed 17 April 2014

So be truly mentally prepared that there are no Air Conditioners, no Hot Showers, no internet, no TV, no 5 star resort Luxury....

Do expect awesome scenery of the waters during high and low tides, spectaculars hues in the sky during sunset and sunrise, brilliant stars in the night sky, great home style meals, fresh fruit juices, eager encouraging staff and trainers, nerve wrecking actives so FUN and challenging, that I felt on the verge of crying and laughing all at the same time :-). I never knew I could climb up a really tall coconut tree!!!

Inquiry via email with Darren, to reserving the chalets for our group of 4 adults and 3 children, all where done easily. Paying though had to be either by bank transfer or PayPal with a service fee, so can't use the ease of paying by credit card.

There seemed to have been a slight arrival time mix up with picking us up from the Airport, so we had to wait an hour before we were finally picked up. But we still made it in time to the resort to enjoy the Boom Net Boat trip with the other guests already there. Darren and the staff were courteous about the pick up delay and as a kind gesture refunded the cost of the sodas and juices we ordered at Loola.

Overall, great experience for my family and we look forward to coming back to Loola again :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family