The Vila Gale Palacio dos Arcos is a beautiful hotel in a very nice location. The hotel has a poetry theme, with poems all over the walls, including in the rooms.
Rooms are modern and decent sized, with comfortable beds.
A very nice setting nearby, with a wonderful little park square that is your view from the restaurant, along with the ocean.
The staff is amazing, incredibly friendly and always willing to help, definitely the high point here.
Breakfast is also very good - not much variety but with such quality that makes what is available more than enough.
The swimming pool is beautiful and extremely clean.
A couple of little things should be corrected before this is given an "Excelent" review:
- The air conditioning system in the rooms is terribly ineffective. It makes a lot of noise and it really struggles to cool the room down. The heat and the noise can definitely keep you up at night, so consider this carefully if you're planning to go in the warm season.
- Wi-Fi access is free for guests, but it's very unstable. You can go half a day without being able to connect. Unlike the air conditioning issue, this should be very easy and quick to fix.
Overall a good and relaxing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel located in the historical town of Paco de Arcos right by the Tagus River on Lisbon Coast. The nearest link to the transportation network is only a 2 minutes away and you can get to Lisbon Historical Centre in only 15 minutes or to Cascais in about the same time. The nearest beach is only 1km away. The nearest airport is 25 km away. This hotel marks the Vila Gale Group's debut with a 5-star unit in Portugal. With a poetic inspiration and decoration and a privileged location by the Tagus River on the Lisbon Coast, it has 76 bedrooms that are fully integrated in the surrounding environment. The hotel offers 24 hour reception, wheelchair access, hotel safe, and luggage room, free Wi-Fi Internet connection in public areas, a library, the restaurant Inevitavel, Satsanga Spa, an outdoor pool and a surrounding garden. This unit turned out to be renewed and boosting landmark for the historical centre of the town of Paco de Arcos. The luxurious rooms are well equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, safe, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. Vila Gale Collection Palacio dos Arcos has 1 restaurant and 2 bars available for its customers, open not only to hotel guests, but also to the general public all year long. The Satsanga label is present at the hotel and is composed of a set of facilities that provide well-being to all its customers. Here, you will find a heated indoor pool, sauna, Turkish bath, Vichy shower, gym and rooms for massages and treatments (all for an additional cost). Guests may choose their breakfast, lunch or dinner meals from a wide buffets. At lunch and dinner guests may also select dishes from the set menu, or take the a la carte option. In addition, the hotel caters for guests with special dietary requirements or take away meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Collection Palacio dos Arcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.