“Consistently good”

Canal View Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Saxilby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at Canal View for several long weekends over a 2 year period. I was first attracted by the modern decor as shown on website and found staying there lived up to expectations. Every aspect of all my stays - booking confirmations, welcome, room, breakfasts - was consistently good. I also enjoyed being out of city but within easy reach by car and train (from Saxilby station).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Canal View Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Title says it all really!

From the welcome to the room to breakfast to departure, everything was absolutely spot on!

The room with an ensuite, tea and coffee making facilites, comfy bed and a flat screen tv, were very clean tidy and well presented.

Breakfast was excellent, a good choice of cerials, juices with the addition of a menu of cooked breakfast, which was very nice.

It was very good value for money and if I am at Lincoln show again I will try to book a room there!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My partner and I stayed at Canal View overnight whilst visiting friends in the area. Roland and Louise are the perfect hosts, very friendly and accommodating but without being intrusive in any way. They were excellent hosts from the moment of booking when Roland called me to confirm payment etc and was very considerate of the fact we would be arriving by motorbike and made us aware of the gravel driveway where the parking is and offered an alternative area if needed, much appreciated.
The house is surprisingly quiet given the location, the rooms are spotlessly clean with more facilities than you really have a right to expect given the room prices!! The bed was enormous! and very comfortable and even though our room was at the front of the property facing the main road I can honestly say that I did not hear any traffic noise at all. Breakfast was lovely, all locally sourced produce, presented thoughtfully and very tasty..... and a proper cup of coffee just about saved my life!!
We wouldn't hesitate to book at the Canal View again - it was so lovely we didn't want to leave. Many thanks Roland and Louise for making our stay so brilliant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Polly W
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I stayed here for work purposes on 14th May. I was made very welcome without feeling intrusive. My room was very comfortable and had wifi and plenty of tea/coffee making facilities. The bed and linen was really comfortable and a I slept well, despite the main road it still was very peaceful.

The breakfast was delicious, really good quality ingredients and not at all greasy.

I have booked again for my next visit to Lincolnshire.

Great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Previous reviewers have really said it all. This is an excellent bed and breakfast - one of the best we have ever stayed in - and we have visited a lot over the years. The hosts are perfect- just enough involvement but leave you to your own devices when you want it! And the breakfasts with the healthy choices etc ideal. One of my yardsticks is that the butter and the marmalade are NOT in those horrid sachets but in nice little pots! Canal View passes that test hands down.
And it very convenient for Lincoln with the train nearby and easy parking in front of the house.
We ate in the local pub which was fine.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back and was very quiet- don't know if it is noisier at the front by the mai...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Looking for single room accommodation in a convenient location for visiting Lincoln and some surrounding places of interest I happened upon Canal View which is convenient for a good train service into the Historic centre of Lincoln.
It was a very good choice in every way and everything from a very welcoming arrival from Louise and Roland until my departure shortly after a second excellent Lincolnshire breakfast could not be faulted in any way.
Don't hesitate to make this your choice should you wish simple but excellent Room and Breakfast at a very fair price. You will not be disappointed !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed here for two nights in May ,as we paid a visit to Lincoln for shopping /the castle/cathedral/and the Lincoln ghost walk . Louise and Roland made us very welcoming with a pot of tea and plum loaf. Roland was very knowledgeable about the local area to visit and Louise cooked a tasty breakfast and the healthy option was on offer too ,which i opted on my second day ,lots of choice of fresh fruit and cereal and Louise mad the jam which was delicious .Fresh milk ,tea coffee and hot choc biscuits all complimentary in our room .The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean and inviting .When ever visiting the area again we would stay here again.Thank you ,Tracy & Terry High .

Room Tip: All rooms were very nice ,we stayed in the front bedroom .
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saxilby
The Lincoln Hotel
#1 of 1 in Grange de Lings
The Pyewipe Inn
The Pyewipe Inn
#21 of 51 in Lincoln

Been to Canal View Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!